Why Pair Wines? Our Gluten-Free Favorites With Delicious Wines

Pairing gluten free food and wine around the holidays is a great way to experience new wines and impress your guests at the same time. All wines are different in the way that they hit your nose and your palate making some wines overpower your food or vice versa. To make sure this doesn’t happen at your next gathering, we at Udi’s have come up with three common holiday ingredients: pesto, veggies, and sweets. You’ll notice the ingredients go from bold to sweet and the wines go from sweet to bold.

• Prosciutto, Pesto, & Red Pepper Sandwich (pictured below) from Gluten Free Girl & the Chef paired with: St Francis Claret from Sonoma Valley, CA ($14)Udi's Gluten Free Food | Gluten Free Girl | Pesto & Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich

• Kettle Cuisine Roasted Vegetable Soup paired with: Conundrum California White Table Wine 2007 ($9)
  • Bittersweet Truffle from Concertos in Chocolate paired with: Yalumba Clocktower Tawny Port from Barossa Valley, Australia ($13)

To celebrate the holiday spirit we are giving away gluten-free products and coupons from the companies featured above (no alcohol) along with some goodies from a few of our other favorite brands that will help you and one of your lucky friends survive the upcoming festivities. Click here to see our top 10 tips for living gluten free this holiday season.

Enjoy,

Jillian

16 Responses to “Why Pair Wines? Our Gluten-Free Favorites With Delicious Wines”

1. Marguerite Siess says:

In Louisa Terrick’s comment: What rolls"s! I would love to know where i can find rolls in the Woodlands, TX area? I was the person who continued to push The Market Place HEB super Market located in The Woodlands, TX to get UDI’s products including the bread. They finally have the bread….which is a big hit!I’m always desperate for Udi’s GF products…..especially the whole grain bread! It really is the best GF bread i have had since 1999!
    Marguerite Siess

2. Ann says:

I’ve tried many different GF breads and thought some of them was made out of saw dust! But, everything I have tried of Udi’s has been great. My managers wife was diagnosed with celiac and he turned me on to Udi’s. Finally my local grocery is carrying it. I don’t have to drive 50 miles or mail order any longer!

3. Jan says:

Udi’s has been a bright spot in my gluten free diet. I LOVE the bagels and it is so nice to be able to eat a sandwich with the wonderful bread. The muffins are yummy —- so what can I say? UDI’S products are wonderful!

4. Mary says:

I am thrilled with Udi’s products. When I first went gluten free, due to a wheat allergy, I discovered many products that were bland and very dry. That is not the case with Udi’s. I love the bread, muffins, pizza crust & cinnamon rolls. It is nice to be able to have my own version of what my family is having for a meal. (They are not gluten free)
    Thanks Udi’s!!!

5. Frances says:

Thank you for the opportunity to let others know about your wonderful GF products. I thought my life was going to be breadless
    forever until i found Udi’s. Thank you!!!!

6. Yvonne says:

I just tried your bagels and was in heaven! It smelled delious, tasted delious and looked like a real bagel. When I got home from the store they had defrosted and I devored one without even toasting it or putting any butter or jelly on it. I can’t thank you enough for your gluten free products!

7. MaryAnn Myers says:

OUr daughter has Celiac’s, my husband and I are gluten intolerant. It gets easier as you go, Tania. Udi’s helps!

8. Tania says:

I have a son who was recently diagnosed as gluten intolerant, and also found through genetic testing both dad and I are as well. We have 5 children and are going gluten free as a family right after Christmas. Hoping to find many kid friendly recipes that are gluten free and low in dairy and soy, as we are also intolerant to those. Please help! going GF for a family our size is not an easy task!

9. Laura Balent says:

I love your GF products, and appreciate the coupons. Can we get them to print only the coupon or only in black ink? The amount of color ink used in printing the coupon significantly diminishes the value of the coupon. Thanks for your consideration!

10. Sally Bush says:

I cannot download your coupon. Is there a trick? I have tried beforetoo

11. Deborah N. says:

I’m eatting an Udi’s blueberry muffin right now. For lunch I will probably have an Udi’s bagel sandwich – or maybe I’ll use the sliced whole grain bread instead. Previous brands of GF bagels that I’ve tried could double as door stops, they are so heavy. What a luxury to have great tasting gluten-free choices! Thank you, Udi’s!!

12. Betty Collins says:

After trying many breads, I found one I could really enjoy….Udi’s! I also love the bagels and muffins. If I see the Udi’s name on it, I am ready to try it. It has made my new diet very easy.

13. Janet Watson says:

It’s not only good it is scrumptious. The very best since man first invented sliced bread and it is gluten free, too.

14. louisa terrick says:

I just picked up a case of the Udi’s rolls. I always purchase them from my favorite store in Flemington New Jersey. the rolls are the best beside the multi-grain bread. the store i purchase these products is called "Basil Bandwagon"

15. Cheri Carlton says:

All of your products are fabulous! The best of all the breads that I’ve tasted since being GF.
    It has brought a sense of normalcy to my diet.
    Thank you!

16. Pauline Kelly says:

I tried your bread this week and found it very good.