The Way To Their Heart Through the Stomach

Share your love this Valentine’s Day through a mouth-watering, three-course meal that you can enjoy in the comforts of your home. Whether you’re celebrating with that special someone, or your beloved friends, win their hearts while remaining stress-free of possible restaurant cross-contamination or ordering fiascos. Here are two choices for each course, so pick the one that tickles your fancy and mix-match your way to the perfect meal.

Appetizer Coursegluten free roasted red pepper soup

Roasted Red Pepper Soup
or
Iceberg Lettuce Wedge w/ Blue Cheese & Bacon Crumbles

We love this Roasted Red Pepper Soup recipe from Gina at SkinnyRecipes.com, but if you feel like making your life easier you can buy Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato soup from Pacific Natural Foods and add a few bacon bits to the top. Their soup is gluten-free, low fat, and uses Kosher dairy.

To prepare your iceberg lettuce salad: Quarter 1 head of iceberg lettuce (save 2 quarters for dinner tomorrow), mince half of a tomato, chop 2 green onions, cook 3 strips of bacon, and set aside ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese. Once all of your cooking, crumbling, and chopping is completed top each iceberg quarter with even amounts of each topping and voila, your appetizer is complete.

gluten free chicken piccataMain Course

Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
or
8 oz. Filet Mignon w/ Melted Herbed Butter

If you decide to go the chicken route then you must try a recipe made by our friend Elana at Elana’s Pantry. Click here to see her succulent
chicken piccata dish. Not only is it gluten-free, but it is dairy free and egg free too!

To prepare the 8 oz. filet mignon: Allow the meat to come to room temperature, and give it a nice dusting of salt & pepper or use your preferred spice rub. Before you cook the meat, pre-heat a small saucepan to medium and add 3-4 cloves minced garlic, 4 oz. butter, 2 oz. mixed herbs of your choosing, 1 tsp. olive oil, and a dash of salt & pepper. Cook over medium/medium-low heat because you do not want to burn the garlic or butter, but cook long enough for the garlic to soften and pour the butter into a heat-safe dish. Cook your filet mignon to your preference and serve hot with the warm melted butter.

Dessert

Grand Marnier Bread Puddinggluten free grand marnier bread pudding
or
Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Erin Swing, Organic Chemist & Chef, created the most fabulous dessert using our gluten-free breads back in October of 2010 and we still can’t talk it up enough. See how to make perfect bread pudding with Udi’s Gluten Free Breads here.

To make homemade chocolate covered strawberries start by rinse and drying your strawberries. Next, line a cooking sheet with wax paper. In a double boiler melt small chunks of gluten-free chocolate until smooth and creamy. Dip your dry strawberries completely in the chocolate (one at a time) and twirl it around to ensure a full coating. Set the dipped strawberries on your coated cooking sheet and once they are all finished set the tray in your refrigerator until the chocolate has fully hardened.

If you cook from home this Valentine’s Day send us your photos on our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/udisglutenfree and you’ll have the chance to win a free product from Udi’s Gluten Free Foods.

15 Responses to “The Way To Their Heart Through the Stomach”

1. wheat free desserts says:

Thanks for supporting the gluten free family

2. Annette Hurston says:

where in Myrtle Beach sc can I find glutin free bread

3. Gina Sargent says:

Installed the coupon ap and tried to print. It appeared that the coupons were being send to printer but nothing happened. Is there any other way to get coupons?

4. Phil says:

Hello,

I have been buying your gluten free bread for almost two years. It really is the best GF bread on the market as far as texture and springyness is concerned. But I also have noticed that almost every loaf has a number of slices with large holes in them. That makes it difficult to keep sandwich ingredients in a sandwich. Ther may be no way for you to controll this undesirable issue, but I hope you’ll keep trying to do so. Chances are that your competitors will figure it out if you dont. Bertille Bakery already has the best GF hamburger/sandwich rolls, so don’t rest on your laurels. I love Udi’s but if a better product comes along…

5. Krista says:

In response to the almond flour question:
    If you can’t find almond flour or almond meal, make your own. Put almonds in a blender or coffee grinder to produce a fine powder. Just watch out. If you grind for TOO long you’ll make almond butter!

6. Jean Moore says:

What am I missing? I can see the description of the wonderful sounding recipes, but no recipes and I can’t find anything to click to get me to the recipes.

7. Pauline Capece says:

This is the first time I had a chance ti read your newsletter. Blue cheese is that Gluten Free? If the mold was grown on wheat it isn’t. The alcohol base, is it rice or potato? Please get back with the answers. I would like to know?

8. Cynthia says:

Did you realize that blue cheese is not gluten free?
    The blue mold in the cheese is typically created from wheat.

9. Barbara Bissonnette says:

When I try to print the $1.00 off coupon I get a message that my email is not valid. It IS a valud address… I received your newsletter! Please send the coupon!

10. amy Beadles says:

I was wondering where to get almond flour. The recipes look delicious.

11. Patricia Weeks says:

Blue cheese isn’t gluten free. How can you use it?

12. Delores Breffle says:

I have been buying your breads for the last two years..Just love it…The last 2 loaves had holes in the middle the size of a golf balls. The bread if expensive and I know this was a fluke, I just wanted you to know so that hopefully it won’t happen again.

13. Carol Romero says:

tried to print coupon and it said I had already printed the allowed and can not print coupon. ??? Have not printed coupon this time and last was not used.

14. Malia says:

I was surprised that you added a recipe with blue cheese for a gluten free meal. I heard that blue cheese is not considered gluten free because of the mold.