BBQ Recipes We Love

If you follow a whole foods gluten free diet like me you know it can be hard to get all the nutrients you need, especially at a gluten-free BBQ. Although these may not be some of the traditional BBQ favorites, these are some of my light, fresh, and fast recipes from my summer grill to yours. Try them out and let me know what you think in the comment thread!

Homemade Gluten-Free Italian Marinade for Chicken:

-1 1/2 cups oil of your choosingNutritional and diet information | why buy wheat free
-1/4 cup red wine vinegar (check the label to ensure the vinegar is not malted & is wheat free)
-1 Tbsp. Italian Seasonings by American Spice
-1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
-1 tsp. gluten free garlic powder
-1/4 tsp. fresh ground peppercorns
-Hot pepper flakes to taste (exclude if you do not like the extra heat)

Process all of the above ingredients in a food processor or blender. Place your chicken breasts in a clean baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken and allow them to marinate for at least 20 minutes before grilling. Once the chicken is cooked assemble your gluten free sandwich with Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Hamburger Buns for a heart-healthy meal.

Summer Sausages, Gluten Free!

wheat free | whole foods gluten free
-1 package Applegate’s Organic Spinach & Feta Sausages
-1 small onion
-1 red bell pepper
-1 green bell pepper
-1 package Udi’s Gluten Free Foods classic hot-dog buns

Grill and brown sausages to your liking and the juices run clear. Chop all of your veggies into half-moon slivers. Place the sausage into our new Udi’s hot-dog buns and top with the chopped veggies. These sausages are packed full of flavor and don’t require any additional marinades, but if you have a preferred marinade feel free to add that too!

I don’t know about you, but I cannot go to a summer BBQ and not have my dessert too. Something that most people do not realize is that most homemade peanut butter cookies are actually gluten free! My dad gave me his recipe, but this recipe from Shauna Ahern, better known as “Gluten Free Girl” is almost exactly the same and it makes 10-12 cookies, perfect for your smaller, more intimate grill sessions! You can find her recipe here at GlutenFreeGirl.com

Leave a comment and share your favorite backyard-BBQ recipe!

We hope you have a beUDIful summer & enjoy the new buns,

Jillian

66 Responses to “BBQ Recipes We Love”

1. Judy Osmun says:

Can’t wait to find the hamburger and hotdog buns . I checked in Golden at whole foods when we were visiting there recently and they didn’t have them. Where can I find them ? My zip code is71909.

2. Anna says:

Me and my 6 year old THANK YOU! We can’t wait to eat them.

3. Lorrie says:

I am hoping your hotdog buns are available soon! My poor husband hasn’t enjoyed a "dog" since he went gluten free 2 years ago.

4. Ruth Lynch says:

I have to travel 2 hrs to purchase your yummy products!! Can you post stores that carry Udi’s?? Looking forward to added products, Yum!!!

5. psully says:

LOVE your products. I have missed toast with coffee in the am. now that I found Udi’s I can have my creature comforts again! many thanks The cinnamon raisin bread is awesome!

6. Janice Herndon says:

I was recently at a celiac picnic and really enjoyed your hot dog buns. Thank you so much for providing your great products.

7. Christine says:

Does Dierberg’s also carry the hamburger and hot dog bun? I know they carry your chocolate muffins which are to die for. I expect the same quality for your buns. What stores can we find these in?

8. randall wright says:

cannot order your hotdog and hambuger buns on your site ?

9. Margie Roberts says:

My local outlet just started carrying your bagels and they are the best! Thanks Udi
    Also, the recipes sure help; I am also lactose and soy intolerant. I also cannot seem to access the coupons.

10. Patti says:

I cannot wait for the hotdog buns. This will make summer, if it ever arrives, so complete.

11. Abigail says:

When will your hamburger and hotdog buns be available? I am so excited about all your new products. Who will carry them in Austin, TX

12. Rose says:

Love your bread and bagels. Haven’t seen the buns yet, but I hope my grocer will carry them

13. Carol Getz says:

YEAH!!!!!! I am sooooo excited you are going to be offering hotdog buns and hamburger buns ~ Yeah – just in time for BBQ season. Just read the post above and it says perogies…. WHERE in Canada are they available. I have not seen the Buger buns or hotdog buns but will begin hounding my grocers to carry them.

14. ROSS HAYWARD says:

THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY LIFE MORE NORMAL,GOD BLESS YOU FOR MAKING HOT DOG AND HAMBURGER BUNS

15. Tracy says:

Where can I buy the hot dog and hamburger buns????

16. Emma says:

Send me the recipe for the G.F. buns.
    thank you.

17. Rachel says:

I’m SO SO SO SO SO glad you are making these buns!!!! That has been the one thing I’ve found no good substitute for! We are constantly cooking out so these will be a staple for me! :)

18. Sue Reynolds says:

So far I haven’t been able to find good purchased hot dog and hamburger buns but I love your other products so I’ll be watching for these.

19. Becky says:

So excited!!!!

20. Paula says:

I was soooo happy to walk into Erik’s Deli, ready to select a salad, only to find that they are making all their wonderful sandwiches using your Multi-grain bread!!! I felt so normal!!! When and where will we be able to get the hotdog and hamburger buns? I couldn’t find that info on your website and I couldn’t order them either….BTW, I couldn’t print your coupon. Need advice there.