BBQ Recipes We Love

If you follow a whole foods gluten free diet like me you know it can be hard to get all the nutrients you need, especially at a gluten-free BBQ. Although these may not be some of the traditional BBQ favorites, these are some of my light, fresh, and fast recipes from my summer grill to yours. Try them out and let me know what you think in the comment thread!

Homemade Gluten-Free Italian Marinade for Chicken:

-1 1/2 cups oil of your choosingNutritional and diet information | why buy wheat free
-1/4 cup red wine vinegar (check the label to ensure the vinegar is not malted & is wheat free)
-1 Tbsp. Italian Seasonings by American Spice
-1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
-1 tsp. gluten free garlic powder
-1/4 tsp. fresh ground peppercorns
-Hot pepper flakes to taste (exclude if you do not like the extra heat)

Process all of the above ingredients in a food processor or blender. Place your chicken breasts in a clean baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken and allow them to marinate for at least 20 minutes before grilling. Once the chicken is cooked assemble your gluten free sandwich with Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Hamburger Buns for a heart-healthy meal.

Summer Sausages, Gluten Free!

wheat free | whole foods gluten free
-1 package Applegate’s Organic Spinach & Feta Sausages
-1 small onion
-1 red bell pepper
-1 green bell pepper
-1 package Udi’s Gluten Free Foods classic hot-dog buns

Grill and brown sausages to your liking and the juices run clear. Chop all of your veggies into half-moon slivers. Place the sausage into our new Udi’s hot-dog buns and top with the chopped veggies. These sausages are packed full of flavor and don’t require any additional marinades, but if you have a preferred marinade feel free to add that too!

I don’t know about you, but I cannot go to a summer BBQ and not have my dessert too. Something that most people do not realize is that most homemade peanut butter cookies are actually gluten free! My dad gave me his recipe, but this recipe from Shauna Ahern, better known as “Gluten Free Girl” is almost exactly the same and it makes 10-12 cookies, perfect for your smaller, more intimate grill sessions! You can find her recipe here at GlutenFreeGirl.com

Leave a comment and share your favorite backyard-BBQ recipe!

We hope you have a beUDIful summer & enjoy the new buns,

Jillian

66 Responses to “BBQ Recipes We Love”

1. N.K.vonHacht says:

Have enjoyed your bread immensely. Look forward to your hot dog rolls and buns.

2. paul says:

I tried your hamburger buns yesterday for the first time, they are the best I’ve had in years
    Please come out with premade pie crusts, others are a lot of work and fall apart

3. Brigitte B. says:

I was looking for hamburger and hot dog buns at the Wholefoods in Oakville, ON Canada and they did not carry the product. I recently discovered I was gluten intolerant and I truly enjoy your product. Hot dog and hamburger buns are very popular in the summer months, it would be great if they added these buns to thier product line.

4. Charlotte says:

the hamburger and hot dog buns are the best! SO good and amazingly ‘normal’!! could you please get them to publix or kroger? i have to drive 1 1/2 hours to chattanooga to get them from the closest earth fare store but they’re worth it. once again, thank you, udi’s for letting me feel normal!

5. Darlene Flesia says:

I like your bread a lot, but could you please make the slices bigger, like real sandwich bread? I would really love that.

6. paul diel says:

Where can I purchase hamburger buns, hot dog buns and pizza crust
    My zip code is 33573, Sun City Center, Fl.

7. Laurie says:

Both my children have Celiac Disease and have had issues with bread since diagnosis. One day my daughter came home from a friend’s and told me that I had to try the Udi’s bread. The rest is history. They went from eating 2 or 3 slices of bread per week (each) to about 1 loaf per week each. They love it. Should we talk about the chocolate muffins! Wow! Thank you Udi’s. You’ve made my kids (and their Mom) happy!!!

8. tina says:

your buns are not on your website. My nephew and i are looking forward to eating burgers and dogs on Memorial Day. When/where can we get them

9. gina says:

Have tried your muffins and white bread and love them. Was wondering if you will ever have low carb and gluten free in the same product. I have Celiac for 7 years but also like to watch my carbs. so I reserve your products for special treats. If they were low carb as well I’d eat them more often. Thanks

10. susan casey says:

Now in our summer home at zip 46360 can I get hot dog/hamburger buns anywhere here? If not can you tell me where can I order online do not see on your site yet.

11. Carol Salvati says:

I inquired at Sprouts in So. Ca. about your hamburger and hot dog buns. The manager checked his catalog and they were not listed under your company name, so he said if he had the info, he would order them. Can you send the needed info to the Sprouts headquarters? Thanks much.

12. Lori Martin says:

Wow, I can’t believe it! I just e-mailed your company a month ago and asked them why they didn’t make buns since their bread was so good and I had yet to get a gook gluten free bun. I’m not sure if they took my advice or if it was already in the makings but all I can say is YEH!

13. Margo Boult says:

I can hardly wait to try the hotdog and hamburger buns!!!! YUM YUM

14. Annabelle Ro,ano says:

I really like your bagels, haven’t had the pleasure of trying anything else. The coupon I had Fairway market would not take, they tell me they do not take printed from a computer coupons. I only found the bagels at Trader Joe’s.

15. Dorothy Billig says:

I buy your products in Wholefoods Store in La Jolla Ca. and was wondering when I can get buy the hotdog and hamburger rolls?

16. Cindy Gifford says:

OMG!!! Looking forward to the Buns! The Bagels are AMAZING. Thank You!

17. Lola Federico says:

When will we be able to get the buns? ! Can’t wait to find them in my local Whole Foods

18. BERNADETTE TAGGART says:

Eating your bread abd bagels are like never missing real bread. I LOVE THEM.Where can i get the hamburger abd hotdog rolls.

19. Linda Wallace says:

When will we be able to order these online? Really looking forward to them.

20. yvonne says:

great hotdog bun it’s been 4 yrs since i had a bun w/ my hotdog. just triming on the side and now a really great tasting bun . you have really out done yourself udi. now its time for the hambuger. thank you for thinking of others. god bless you