Udi’s Launches #1 New Product Request at Natural Products Expo West 2011

Udi’s Gluten Free Foods will show off its new buns at the Natural Products Expo West 2011 Show, the world’s largest natural organic and healthy products trade show, on March 11 – 13 in Anaheim, Calif. The company will introduce its new gluten-free Classic Hamburger Buns, Whole Grain Hamburger Buns and Classic Hot-dog Buns, as well as their Ancient Grain Bread Series. Udi’s is the first gluten-free company to launch gluten-free buns nationwide to those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. The new products will be available in stores beginning May 2011.

Hamburger and hot-dog buns have been the number one product request sent by Udi’s loyal customers for the past year. "More than 61 percent of the new product requests we have received are for the addition of hamburger and hot dog buns to our popular line-up of gluten free baked goods," said Denise Sirovatka, Vice President of Marketing. "We want our customers to know we are listening to their requests and proud to fulfill this craving for those who have gone too long without the simple joy of a hamburger or hot dog during BBQ season."

Currently, 1 in 133 Americans have celiac disease, and approximately 3 million Americans suffer from gluten intolerance. These individuals cannot tolerate gluten, a protein in wheat, rye, and barley, resulting in dietary restrictions and a loss of freedom to enjoy the foods they love. Udi’s revolutionized the gluten free baked goods category in 2008 by introducing the first gluten-free bread that tastes and looks like ‘real’ bread. And, research shows 94 percent of their consumers say Udi’s has made living gluten-free easier.

"Udi’s strives to bring back the simple pleasures that living gluten-free has taken away," said Sirovatka. "We are on a mission to create the best gluten-free food on the planet and celebrate those living this lifestyle. Udi’s makes Gluten-Free Delicious."

The products frequently missed by individuals living a gluten-free life are sandwich buns. The
new soft, golden Classic Hamburger Buns and Classic Hotdog Buns are gluten free, dairy free and contain 4 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. The nutritious Whole Grain Hamburger Buns contain 6 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. The buns can be enjoyed with a classic burger or hot dog or as a savory deli sandwich.

Another popular Udi’s customer request has been for bread containing ancient grains. The new Udi’s Ancient Grain Breads contain a wholesome balance of nutrients, vitamins and delicious earthy flavors. The launch includes two varieties; Millet – Chia and Omega-Salba. Millet and Salba have been a rich source of nutrients since the early Incan civilization; these breads contain 6 grams of fiber per serving. The Ancient Grain Breads will join the hamburger and hotdog buns in stores beginning May 2011 and the entire Udi’s gluten free baked goods product line:

. Soft White and Whole Grain Sandwich Breads, Cinnamon Raisin Bread
. Moist Blueberry, Lemon Streusel and Double Chocolate Muffins
. Soft, chewy Plain Bagels, Whole Grain and Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
. Thin, crispy Pizza Crusts.

Udi’s Gluten Free Foods are available at national grocery stores and retailers and can be
purchased online at www.udisglutenfree.com. All of Udi’s baked goods are made in a 100
percent dedicated certified gluten-free bakery located in Denver, Colo., to eliminate and prevent the risk of cross-contamination.

Denver-based Udi’s Healthy Foods includes Udi’s Natural Artisan Granola and Udi’s Gluten Free Foods line of gluten-free baked goods. All of Udi’s products are created fresh in Colorado using only the highest-quality wholesome ingredients. For more information, please visit www.udisglutenfree.com or call 303-657-6366.

Find us on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com/udisglutenfree
and Twitter @udisglutenfree.

Have a beUDIful day!

18 Responses to “Udi’s Gluten Free Foods First To Offer Gluten-Free Hamburger, Hotdog Buns Nationwide!”

1. MaryJane says:

I recently found these gluten free buns at Giant Eagle in Penna and can say they are the best I have tasted. Thank you for these products

2. Joyce Wali says:

These hamburgers buns are AWESOME!!!! I have had Celiac diease
    since Dec 2009 and missed my hamburgers and hot dogs in the summer. The other buns I have tried were horrible and expensive, Now if Win Co Foods in Perris Ca would get the hot dogs buns I will
    be a happy camer. Good job Undi

3. Adam says:

Will Trader Joe’s carry the buns?

4. Michael Weber says:

Really love all your products and can’t wait to try the hamburger and hotdog buns I’m sure they will be awsome Thank you Thank you Thank you.
    Now it will be a great summer.

5. Noralee Patton says:

When can I get the hamburger & hot dog buns in Baton Rouge, LA? I eally do like your poducts.

6. Sherry Colon says:

How can I order the gluten free buns?

7. Mary C. says:

I LOVE UDI’s! It has brought bread back into my gluten free diet and I am grateful. Can’t wait for the HB and Hot dog buns!

8. Audrey says:

Please tell Fred Meyers on South Hill in Puyallup Wa. to carry more of your products. Can not wait for Hamburger Buns as your White and Whole grain bread are the best and I have tried them all.

9. Cindy says:

I looove Udi’s brand gluten free foods! I wish they offered everything at each store location I mainly go to S&S and Trader Joes in CT. I am recently gluten free and have tried A LOT of different GF breads and hands down…UDI’S IS THE BEST!!!! Thank you
    I am sooo excited about the buns and hotdogs….maybe grinder rolls soon?!

10. Jennifer says:

I have been on a panini-bonanza since finding your GF bread. I can’t wait to eat hot dogs and hamburgers like a normal person again. Thank you for your delicious products!

11. Audrey Gilbert says:

I can’t wait to try the hamburger and hotdog buns. My children (ages 9 and 12) both have celiac disease and they miss out on the traditional cookout fair from the lack of good buns in the past!

12. Sandy says:

Thank you so much for sending me the E-Mail about gluten free buns. Can’t wait. This is going to be an enjoyable summer

13. Dianne says:

Awesome can’t wait – Maybe Fatburger will let me bring my bun like Subway lets me bring my bread! You guys are awesome for listening to our needs. Thank you so much.

14. Cindy Beacom says:

Where can I find the hamburger and hot dog buns in Ohio?

Thank you!

15. Dawna Adcock says:

Will your Hamburger and Hot dog Buns be shipped to stores that
    are already carrying your bread?

16. Gluten Free Products says:

Hello,

Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it.

17. ANGELA G. says:

Ive been waiting for udi’s to make a gluten-free bun and I’m so excited, I live in Chicago, where can I find them. the whole foods by me hasn’t started carrying them. Thank you for bringing back the sandwich in my life. love love love Udi’s

18. Elizabeth says:

Cannot wait until May for g-f buns! Guess I will have to though.