We're Bringing BBQ Back!

Our loyal fans send us delicious and creative product requests on a daily basis, be it through Facebook, our website, blogs, online forums or at gluten free events. While we love hearing all of your great ideas, what we love more is being able to fulfill such wishes. It was very exciting, therefore, to officially announce the launch of our Hamburger and Hotdog buns and new Ancient Grain Breads at Natural Products Expo West.

For too long, eating gluten free has meant eating BBQ free. Grilling on hot summer nights just isn’t the same when you can’t enjoy a juicy cheeseburger or a perfectly charred hotdog in a bun. And, with BBQ season just around the corner, we weren’t about to let our great fans suffer through one more disappointing BBQ. Relive your favorite childhood summer memories with the Classic Hamburger and Hotdog Buns, or try the Whole Grain Hamburger Bun for an extra kick of nutrition. Soft, savory and durable, all three buns are the perfect accompaniment to whatever you’re cooking on the grill.

Along with the seasonally appropriate buns, Udi’s also announced our new Ancient Grain Breads. Ancient grains, such as millet, chia and salba, supply a powerhouse of nutrients, vitamins and anti-oxidants and—the best part—they are naturally gluten free.  Our Millet-Chia bread combines the fiber  and protein-packed Chia seed with the heart-healthy and delightfully crunchy Millet grain. Meanwhile, one loaf of our Omega-Salba bread delivers 490 mg of Omega-3 and 6 grams of fiber from each serving. We went back to the land for inspiration and found new flavors that will certainly bring joy and well-being into your home.

I don’t know about you, but I cannot wait for that first burger of grilling season. Personally, I plan to devour a coffee-rubbed burger with provolone cheese, sautéed onions, smoked bacon and my homemade Texas BBQ sauce on a savory Udi’s Whole Grain bun. How about you? What will you eat at your first Udi-Q this summer?

105 Responses to “We're Bringing BBQ Back!”

1. yvonne says:

Yea!! We have missed having a good old fashion hamburger/hotdog BBQ!! Hope to get them in a store close to me. When are they available?? Enumclaw, WA

2. sue says:

THANK YOU UDI! I have been waiting for this, and now BBQ’s are back!! I love your bread. When will Pita be avvailable? I’m in Honolulu, where can I find the buns?

3. Elizabeth says:

My pity party is ending,thanks to you,Udi’s!

4. Dave says:

Great news ! The bread is good & i just tried your muffins for the first time, very good ! Keep the items coming.

5. linda pickett says:

who hoo yipee!!! I cannot wait to try them, I just may buy a case of each so I know I’ll have them for the summer as i think we won’t be able to get them as the summer goes on.

6. Amy says:

This makes my whole week! I have been struggling to find a decent bun like product that tastes like something other than cardboard and that doesn’t fall apart. Gluten free just got a little easier! My 16 month old will be thrilled too!

7. Toni says:

Your items are the VERY BEST!!!!!! Hope I can get the buns at my Vital Choice Health Store in North Royalton, Ohio.

8. jeana says:

I tried the hamburger a few monts ago. A little to rubbery for me. I will try them again. Have not bee able to find the got dog buns here is Santa Fe, NM

9. Kathleen says:

I live in San Diego and can’t find the GF hot dog or hamburger buns. Which stores have them? Anyone know? Thanks

10. Rita Hale says:

Am so anxious to try the burger buns, love the bread. Hoping to find a dealer in my area for the buns. Thanks for your wonderful and tasty products. You are doing a great service for celiacs.

11. Amanda Misner says:

I love your bread and I can’t wait to try the hamburger and hotdog buns! Thank you for providing such great products for people living a gluten-free lifestyle.

12. Leinda says:

I will be so excited to find these in a local store around Pataskala Ohio.

13. Mary says:

I have only been eating gluten free for 4 months now, and miss a hotdog & hamburger bun so much! It stinks having to eat them on bread. It’s messy,soggy and depressing. I just notice this product that’s coming out, and it makes my day!!!

14. jbm says:

Great news! Several family members will appreciate that. I hope Meijer’s in the Chicago area will have them! They have your bread, but not any other items. PLEASE see what you can do. Whole Foods is too expensive.

15. Angie says:

Thank Heavens!! If they are as good as your bread I’ll be so glad to have a bun with my burger and hot dog. Way To Go!!

16. Anna says:

Available in stores May 2011. http://udisglutenfree.com/articles/16. This is great news. I’ve tried other brands and they are just disgusting. I’m sure Udi’s will taste great.

17. Michelle Curci says:

You go Udi’s!!! Your bread, bagels and pizza crust are amazing! Can’t wait to try the buns. Please, pretty please, keep up the good work! Now all I need is a good pie crust. Hint Hint.

18. Judy says:

Where can I find them in St Cloud, MN?

19. Kim says:

GREAT!!!!!!!! Now I won’t have to watch my daughter eat a "bunless" burger. She has been eating them that way for 5years. Maybe she’ll be able to have one on her 18th b-day,May 16th!!Where can we find them in Columbus, Ohio??????

20. paul diel says:

I shop at public’s in sun city center fl. At the present time we can only get bread or bagels there. I’m sure other oeople like myself would enjoy Udi’s other products pizza, hamburger and hot dog buns also. See what you can do.