Summer At Udi's Means Sunshine & Fresh Guac
It’s finally summer, and at Udi’s we’re thinking sunshine, smiles, and scrumptious summer eats! And what could be better than a bowl of freshly made guacamole on a warm summer evening? This guacamole was a huge hit with my friends and family. Plus the recipe is easy and makes for a great summer treat! If you’re an avocado fan (or maybe even if you’re not) this recipe is sure to hit the spot.
3 Haas avocados
1/3 medium onion, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
1/3 bell pepper, diced (yellow or red)
1 Serrano chile, stems & seeds removed, minced
1-2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
(For our friends in Arizona, and Florida or anywhere hot – use diced frozen lettuce to the mix to make your guacamole a cooling refresher on a hot day)
1. Cut avocados in half and remove seeds. Scoop fruit out of skin and put in medium or large bowl.
2. Mash avocados with a fork.
3. Mix in diced onion, tomato, and bell pepper.
4. Add minced garlic and Serrano chile. (Be careful with chile; use more or less to create preferred level of hotness. For intensity, add seeds as well – they add some heat!)
5. Use clean, washed scissors to cut up 1-2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves, depending on desired intensity of flavor. Stir.
6. Cut fresh lime in halves or quarters and squeeze juice into mixture. Stir.
7. Add sea salt & stir. (*Or use salt substitute for a heart-healthier option.)
8. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you’re enjoying the warm weather with family and friends, the simple pleasure of a delicious recipe can bring liveliness to any table, and a freshly made dip is a great way to bring everybody together. Whip up this awesome guacamole recipe with fresh, ripe ingredients and try serving it up with gluten free corn tortilla chips. Add your own special flavor, mix up the recipe your way, and tell us how you enjoyed it!