How To Win Cookies & An iPad 2 This Month
Update: See below for a list of winners.
If you haven’t heard yet, October is cookie month! Here’s a quick bit of history about cookies from Wikipedia:
- Hard wafer cookies have existed as long as baking has been documented
- They apparently originated in 7th century Persia after sugar became relatively common in the area
- Cookies came to America in the 17th century, although the name “koekje” came with the Dutch
- The cookie as we know it today (creamed butter and sugar) wasn’t common until the 18th century
Win Gluten Free Cookies!
Here at Udi’s we LOVE cookies. The gluten free kind that is! To help spread our love of cookies this month, we are running a Twitter sweepstakes. Here’s how it works:
- Each Monday (beginning October 3rd) we will post a cookie challenge on our @Udisglutenfree Twitter account. We’ll ask you to answer questions, upload photos, and RT posts in these challenges. Look for these challenges at about 1:00pm MT.
- Each challenge will have its own hash tag for you to use when submitting your replies. All entries must be submitted via Twitter.
- You have until the Sunday after each challenge is posted to submit your reply using the hash tag provided
- Weekly winners will be drawn at random each Monday from the previous week’s challenge submissions
- One grand prize winner will be drawn at random and announced on November 7th
- Weekly Prizes: 1 package of each of our cookie flavors: chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and snickerdoodle
- Grand Prize: iPad 2 equipped with the Cook IT Allergy Free application + 1 package of each of our cookie flavors
Get cookie crazy!
- Cookie Challenge 1: @gabriellle_lane
- Cookie Challenge 2: @gfreekitchen
- Cookie Challenge 3: @HeatherHagwell
- Cookie Challenge 4: @queenbee619
- Cookie Challenge 5: @iamcourtneyswan
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: @misstejota
OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF 10/3/11. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BEGINS 10/3/11; ENDS 11/6/11.
1. PROMOTION TIMING: The “Contest” starts at 1:00 P.M. MST on 10/3/11 and ends 11:59 p.m. MST on 11/6/11 (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older as of October 3, 2011 and are following the @udisglutenfree Twitter account. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Udi’s Healthy Foods LLC (“Udi’s”), their affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and immediate family members and members of the same household (whether related or not) of each are not eligible to participate. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. GENERAL RULES: Eligible entrants (“Entrants”) should respond to one or all of the five challenges presented on the Udi’s Twitter account (http://twitter.com/udisglutenfree). Only one entry per challenge will be accepted as an official entry. Udi’s and its affiliates, as well as its respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake. Udi’s and its affiliates shall assume no liability of any kind whatsoever in any cases in which their inability to act results from an event or situation beyond their control, including more particularly a strike, lock-out or any other labor dispute in their place of business or the places of business of the organizations or businesses whose services are used to hold this contest. By entering, contestants agree to abide by the contest rules which shall be applied by Udi’s Healthy Foods LLC. All its decisions are final.
4. PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING:
- Five (5) Weekly winners will receive one (1) package of each Udi’s gluten free cookie flavors; three (3) packages total. TOTAL ARV: $15. The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) iPad2 with the Cook IT Allergy Free application and a custom iPad cover. TOTAL ARV: $700.
5. WINNER SELECTION: All winners will be chosen at random among the eligible entries. To be declared a winner, entrants have to meet all of the conditions described within the preceding and following regulations. Entering the Contest stipulates to the winner’s eligibility to participate in the contest and signifies an Entrant’s agreement to the terms specified by the Contest regulations. All decisions made by Udi’s officials are final.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION / VERIFICATION: The winners will be notified via Twitter direct message. The winners will also be announced on the Udi’s blog each Monday beginning October 10, 2011. After winner is contacted, an e-mail will be sent requesting the winner’s shipping information.
7. RIGHTS: Entrants warrant that they have created the entry that they are submitting and that they own all of the rights to said entry. By entering the contest, Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Udi’s and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all loss, damage, costs and other expenses arising out of any claims, whatever their nature, resulting directly or indirectly from breach of this warranty. Udi’s shall have the right to publish and reproduce the winning entries, in the entry’s original language and translation, on Facebook, Twitter, or any other internet medium as well as on any accompanying materials or products that could be manufactured or sold. Udi’s shall also have exclusive rights to manufacture, sell and license products derived from the winning entries, to record and broadcast a reading of the winning entries, in whole or in part, and all rights to publish and reproduce the winning entries in any affiliated publication or on the internet.
8. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Udi’s Healthy Foods LLC. 12000 E. 47th Ave, Denver, CO 80239.