Joy Mission: Question #9

We realize dining out can be hard when you are eating gluten-free, but more and more restaurants are offering gluten-free options on their menu. Check out the answers to today’s Joy Mission question to see where others are dining out. Don’t forget to comment with your best dining experience. Of course…yours may have been pre-gluten free!
Question #9

Note: Comments may take a while to appear. Please only submit your comment once. To read more about the prizes and for official rules, click here.

WINNERS LIST

1. Sarah L. – It was in the restaurant in our hotel that we went to on our 1 year anniversary trip. I had this garlic and herd roasted beef tenderloin that was amazing!
  2. Bing Y. – The Olive Garden closest to our home is really nice. Delicious food and excellent service. I had Grilled Steak & Portobello for lunch last time I was there.
  3. Bonnie B. – Malawis’ Pizza–the gf crust is only $1 more and you can get dessert pizza gf too.
  4. Donna S. – I can remember a few times when something was wrong with my dinner and besides getting a new plate, I also received a free dessert!
  5. Grace Y. – I am gluten and soy free and lactose intolerant. Last year my cousin and her family took me to Blue Moon Cafe in Seattle, where they specialize in cheap (but delicious!) gourmet burgers. They have some of the best gluten-free buns I have ever had, and also have a special fryer for gluten-free french fries. I had the cajun burger, which was spicy and delicious. I’m going back to Seattle in a few weeks, and I’m going to beg my family to take me there again.
  6. Jenai B. – I think the best was dining all week on a NCL cruise to Alaska. They really went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of, and the food was great. One of the maitre d’s would check up on me every day and tell me what options I could have. This was only 3 months after I found out I had Celiac Disease, so having so many options was amazing to me at the time. :)
  7. Amber H. - I love Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Great to be able to order a burger without a bun without being looked at strange!
  8. Kiki V. – Definately P.F. Changs
  9. Randal M. – Pizza! Nothing like pizza from a pizzeria!
  10. Lindsey B. – It was in the restaurant in our hotel that we went to on our 1 year anniversary trip. I had this garlic and herd roasted beef tenderloin that was amazing!

427 Responses to “Joy Mission: Question #9”

1. Maria says:

I Newcomer of Calgary, in my experience, just visit a Japanese restaurant

2. Alyssa Di Rubbo says:

My best dining experience was probably at The Steakhouse in Wells, Maine. It was pre-gluten free diet for me, but I have visited there again since I’ve been gluten free, and they were accomodating! Everything they serve was great and my entire family just really enjoyed our meal there.

3. Kelly P says:

at Texas roadhouse. I can eat healthy there with a lean cut steak and a plain baked sweet potato

4. Grace says:

I’ve been GF for less than a year, and we moved to a new state just over a year ago, so I’m really having to work hard to find a restaurant that has GF options. But I was pleasantly surprised to find a great Italian grill that had numerous GF options, including the option to sub GF pasta for almost any pasta dish on the menu! (the only exceptions were raviolis, lasagna, manicotti, etc.) This was very exciting to me, having just started on my GF journey, and in a fairly new place at that!

5. Cheryl Putnam says:

I have been on a gluten free diet for years now, and I use to try and eat another companys gluten free bread…(which tasted like cardboard) So I just gave up on enjoying anything normal. Then one day I found your bread at the store (uni’s white bread) OMG! I thought I was in heaven. I could have a real sandwich again. Now I think I eat to many sandwiches.

6. Edna Westbrook says:

I just love pasta so, I like Olive Garden. I can eat their bread sticks and salad all day. I love their spaghetti!!

7. Alison says:

I’m just starting a gluten free diet and haven’t been out to eat yet. We have a local pizza place that offers gluten free pizza so I’m eager to try it out.

8. Sarah says:

I LOVE the gluten-free pizza at Sammy’s Pizza. My favorite is gluten-free pineapple.

9. Tami T. says:

It was actually today when I went to Red Robin and they had Udi’s gluten free buns- best burger I’ve had in a LONG TIME!!!!! :) apparently they just got the buns last week :) yay!!!!

10. DianneAdams says:

BJ’s has a mediocre gluten free pizza, but the gluten-free pizookie is amazingly good. Hot chocolate chip cookie with 2 scoops of ice cream. I felt spoiled!

11. Jada says:

Whole Foods Central Marktet

12. Angie Salo says:

A local Italian favorite of ours…Mia Famiglia! They have gluten free pizza and any of their pastas can be make with gluten free pasta as well…as an added bonus, they offer gluten free bead with their olive oil dipping sauce!! YUM!

13. Angie Salo says:

This would have to be bread pudding!!!!!!! It is comfort food that tastes sooooo good! Thankfully, I can still indulge with gluten free breads!

14. Janna N says:

Cruis’in Diner, Hillsboro Or. Yummy delish GF Burger. After not having had a burger in a year in was AMAZING!

15. Megan says:

Jason’s Deli – Amy’s turkey O sandwich: turkey, avocado, lettuce, stone ground mustard, pepper jack on Udi’s bread. YUM! First sandwich I have had since going gluten free in July.

16. Sharon Cunningham says:

Paddy’s Pub in Wolfville and Kentville, Nova Scotia has a separate gluten-free menus with tons of choice. Had a delicious chicken caesar sandwich last time. Feel so warm and happy when I go there!

17. Kelly says:

a great Italian restaurant with amazing bread and pasta dishes!

18. Maureen says:

Portabello’s in Madison, Wi offers the most fabulous GF chicken alfredo! I was there for a wedding reception and felt sure I was going to have to order a steak when others were having pasta, but Portabello’s made me a fresh GF plate. The staff is awesome, and the restaurant is beautiful, inside and out.

19. Joan says:

Eating at Whole Foods Market in Plymouth Meeting, PA! Their hot bar and cold bar features so many options–they have gluten-free vegan mousse and gluten free vegetable korma!

20. Terry says:

We have a tiny Italian Restaurant in Port St Lucie, Fl called Davinci’s. I had the best gluten free pizza I have ever tasted. Try to find a great tasting gluten free pizza…it is very difficult to do that. They also make delicious gluten free pasta dishes that are out of this world. So happy that I can enjoy a great pizza once in awhile that at least tastes like a REAL pizza.