Joy Mission: Question #11

Have you made a gluten free recipe that was so good your non-GF friends and family couldn’t tell it was missing the gluten? We want to hear from you! Recipes welcome. Answer today’s question for a chance to win.
Question #11

Note: Comments may take a while to appear. Please only submit your comment once. To read more about the prizes and for official rules, click here.

WINNERS LIST

1. Tracy J. – My family loves my gluten free sausage balls!
  2. Janet G. – pumpkin cheesecake with a crust made of crushed honeynut chex cereal, sugar and butter.
  3. Meg S. - A breakfast casserole that uses GF bagels
  4. Sandra T. – My frozen raspberry swirl. It was always the one thing asked for at the holiday season so, of course, I had to find a way to convert it to gluten free. I don’t think anyone has realized any difference!!!!
  5. Deborah M. – Banana bread!
  6. Ashley P. – My amaretto cheesecake! I make a homemade GF crust out of almonds, butter, and sugar! They love it and come back for seconds even though they don’t HAVE to eat GF!
  7. Betty R. – my homemade manicotti..i make the Gf shells myself
  8. Jennifer S. – I am famous for my banana pudding among my non GF family, but this year I will be famous for my GF pies and cakes =)
  9. Hanan M. – Spinach cheese dip and sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
  10. Cindy B. – Mexican dip and chips. But I have to put in my secret ingredients or it is bland.

395 Responses to “Joy Mission: Question #11”

1. Amanda J says:

I’m know more for a sentence, if I’m running around the kitchen and turn and look at my husband with a slight grin on my face and say ‘I’m trying something’ he gets all giddy and can’t wait to taste it.

2. Tami T. says:

I made a gluten free no bake cheese cake. I found a recipe that did not have wheat in the filling and made the crust with gluten free graham crackers! Everyone loved it and couldn’t tell the crust was gluten free. Can’t wait to make it for Thanksgiving!

3. Jennifer says:

4. Janis says:

Poppyseed Bread with Orange Glaze

5. Hannah Carwright says:

I make an extremely delicious Boston Creme Pie from scratch gluten free. I even use a half splenda blend to sweeten it. My boyfriend always makes the cream for the center because he does it perfectly while I bake the cake part. My secret ingredient is Apple sauce it does so much for flavor and texture in GF cakes. We pour chocolate Gnosh over the whole thing

6. Amy Allen says:

I make a better than sex cake. Chocolate cake when it comes out of the oven I poke hole and then pour Carmel ice cream topping, hot fudge and spread over cake so it goes into the holes. Refrigerate, top with go made whipped cream. And chord toffe bits. Absolutely the most moist chocolate cake ever.

7. Amy Allen says:

8. Brenda R says:

My snicker and apple salad

9. Andrea says:

Chicken enchiladas with fresh corn tortillas and a tangy tequila lime sauce – totally g free and fabulous!

10. Kim says:

smoked almond chocolate pink salt caramels

11. Terrie K. says:

Hummus and then there’s guacamole with GF dipping chips.

12. Amy M says:

My kids are convinced the gluten-free pancakes we make are better than the ones we used to serve. Honestly… I agree!

13. tiffani says:

Gluten free waffle French toast! I made gf waffles with lots of cinnamon, let them cool completely and then prepared them for French toast like you normally would. Even my gluten eating husband had no idea! A little butter and pure maple syrup…soo good!

14. Bonnie says:

Gluten Free pigs in a blanket for appetizers, Gluten Free fried chicken with gluten Free macaroni and cheese for dinner, and Gluten Free chocolate cheesecake.

15. justin says:

Depends if we made a bet or if I lost one. Then again, no one should be near Gordon Ramsay if they can’t pull off grilled cheese sandwiches,

16. Natalie says:

I make killer brownies that are my go to for all occasions. No one can tell the difference, and I can even make them from scratch without fear.

17. Tino says:

Baba Ganouj

18. Alex says:

Cornbread for Thanksgiving! Everyone eats it and no one knows it is made with GF flour!

19. Elise says:

Spicy curried chickpeas!

20. Ann S says:

Everyone loves the rice krispies type treats I make using chex cereal !, they are really yummy !