Joy Mission: Question #11

Have you made a gluten free recipe that was so good your non-GF friends and family couldn’t tell it was missing the gluten? We want to hear from you! Recipes welcome. Answer today’s question for a chance to win.
Question #11

Note: Comments may take a while to appear. Please only submit your comment once. To read more about the prizes and for official rules, click here.

WINNERS LIST

1. Tracy J. – My family loves my gluten free sausage balls!
  2. Janet G. – pumpkin cheesecake with a crust made of crushed honeynut chex cereal, sugar and butter.
  3. Meg S. - A breakfast casserole that uses GF bagels
  4. Sandra T. – My frozen raspberry swirl. It was always the one thing asked for at the holiday season so, of course, I had to find a way to convert it to gluten free. I don’t think anyone has realized any difference!!!!
  5. Deborah M. – Banana bread!
  6. Ashley P. – My amaretto cheesecake! I make a homemade GF crust out of almonds, butter, and sugar! They love it and come back for seconds even though they don’t HAVE to eat GF!
  7. Betty R. – my homemade manicotti..i make the Gf shells myself
  8. Jennifer S. – I am famous for my banana pudding among my non GF family, but this year I will be famous for my GF pies and cakes =)
  9. Hanan M. – Spinach cheese dip and sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
  10. Cindy B. – Mexican dip and chips. But I have to put in my secret ingredients or it is bland.

395 Responses to “Joy Mission: Question #11”

1. Marilyn Giles says:

I made one our favorites- Rice Krispies Treats with gluten free RK. The kids were happy & the adults said they were just as good & maybe better than the original!

2. Jill says:

I made homemade pad thai that was gluten-free. It was gone in a quickness!

3. Chris says:

Lemon bars and Pumpkin muffins

4. Carly says:

I make the most deliciously moist and cakey pumpkin cookies. My sister almost cried when I found out I couldn’t eat gluten anymore, because she thought she’d never have them again. But I made them GF yesterday, and they’re better than their gluten counterparts!

5. Jennifer says:

I made a Gluten Free Better than Sex Cake…i made it the same way i usually do except with a bob’s redmill flour mix….it didn’t taste any different from how i had made it before…and still slightly better than sex ;-)

6. Kristin says:

My dark chocolate brownies! Chewy, gooey, and chocolately – no one needs to know they are gluten-free, except for me!

7. molly says:

i’m "famous" for my sundried tomato, basil, feta quiche! once i decided to go gluten free, i tried making it with this crust recipe. i thought it was just as delicious as before!

Rice Flour Pie Crust from “chaotic cooking”
    1 cup brown rice flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1 large egg, slightly beaten
    1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
    3 tsp cold water
    Put flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add cold butter pieces and use a fork or pastry knife to mix them into the dry ingredients. Add the egg and water and stir until sticky.
    Use a piece of waxed paper with rice flour on it to roll the dough out on. Then, turn the piece of waxed paper upside down into the pie pan. This dough will not stick together like a gluten dough.

8. Traci Washburn says:

Pumpkin bars….SO good & you would NEVER guess!

9. Barbara Larsen says:

Gluten-free, dairy-free Macaroni and Cheese!

10. Sheila says:

I make green beans with chopped onions and crumbled bacon. I put it all in a crock pot for hours and everyone loves it!

11. Erica Richards says:

Brownie cups with frosting in the cups. My kids ask me to make them for school parties even though I’m the one with the gluten allergy.

12. Alicia says:

My spicy guacamole or my sugar-free chocolate chunk cookies! It’s a toss up.

13. Karen B says:

My omelets. Anything and everything in them, topped with cheese and chives.

14. Joi says:

GF and non GF Peach Cobbler, Taco Salad and GF Meat Loaf are the recipes my family and friends ask for most.

15. Keya says:

My lemon bars are to die for but pretty much cookies of all kinds, I am always getting requests to make more.