BBQ Sweet Potato And Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Get ready for grilled cheese nirvana!
April is National Grilled Cheese Month. What better time to introduce this beauty of a sandwich to the world? You could settle for a regular, Joe-Schmoe grilled cheese, or you can try this version! The perfect blend of sweet and savory, with a decided POW! of BBQ tang, makes this sandwich the king of the lunch table.
Sit back and prepare for cheesy heaven on a plate!
BBQ Sweet Potato & Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure Maple Syrup
- 2 slices Udi’s Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread
- 3 Tbsp shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 slices Tomato
- 1/4 cup Baby Spinach
- 2 tsp BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking tray with foil.
- Put sweet potato rounds in a medium bowl and drizzle with oil, cinnamon, paprika, salt, sugar, and maple syrup. Toss until evenly coated.
- Place sweet potato rounds in an even layer on the foil lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until soft.
- Once sweet potato rounds are finished cooking, begin assembling your sandwich.
- Start by lightly buttering the outside of the 2 slices of Udi’s bread with butter.
- Next, evenly sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella cheese on the inside of one slice of bread.
- Top cheese with 3-4 sweet potato rounds, 4 thin slices of avocado, 2 slices of tomato, and 1/4 cup baby spinach. Spread BBQ sauce on the inside of the second slice of bread, and place on top of the spinach.
- Heat a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat.
- Place sandwich in the skillet and cook until desired level of char is achieved and cheese begins to melt.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip the sandwich and continue cooking on the other side until done.