5 Ideas for Using Udi’s New Gluten Free Baguettes

by Megan

Get excited!!! In early October you can start scouring your local grocery stores for our NEW- Udi’s Gluten-Free French Baguettes! To ensure that our baguettes are as fresh as possible we chose not to slice them. But…any way you slice it, we are sure you will love them!

To help introduce this amazing new item we thought we’d share some meal ideas and yummy recipes. Feel free to use your imagination and add your own unique spin to our suggestions!

5 Fresh Ways to Use Our New French Baguettes:

Sub Sandwiches

We know our fans have been using our hot dog buns to make subs! While we praise the innovation, we thought a baguette might make life a little easier! Use our baguettes with virtually any sub sandwich, especially the heavier varieties that require denser, crustier bread. Our Meatball Kale Sub looks and tastes pretty awesome on our hamburger buns…but why not revisit the recipe and try it on our new baguettes! We think you’ll be very pleased!

Go full-blown Italian, or just dip it!

When’s the last time you enjoyed French bread warm from the oven? Now you can pair our new baguettes with a bowl of gluten free spaghetti for an authentic Italian meal! Who thought THAT would be possible? Or, try dipping it in your favorite soup or stew! We’re bringing comfort back – gluten free style!

We talked about subs, what about Panini’s?

Hot of the press! Our baguette breads are perfect for Panini’s – rich and hearty –great for grilling your sandwich to perfection. We think our Prosciutto Ricotta Paninirecipe just got even better!

Keep it simple

Sometimes it’s nice to just enjoy a fresh baguette without out too many distractions. Try our gluten free baguette while it’s still slightly warm with some soft, ripe French cheese (maybe Camembert or Brie), and a glass of red wine!

Bruschetta Appetizer

One of the first appetizers that came to mind when thinking of French Baguettes is Bruschetta! Now you can use our gluten-free baguettes to create this wonderful Italian antipasto to enjoy with your friends! Create your own bruschetta recipe or try our Gluten-Free Bruschetta w/ Rosemary, Roasted Plum Tomatoes, Ricotta, and Prosciutto, simply substitute our new baguette for the pizza crust.

31 Responses to “5 Ideas for Using Udi’s New Gluten Free Baguettes”

1. azgirl says:

Many Follow Your Heart dressings are GF. Their Vegan Ranch and their Vegan Honey Mustard are GF and delicious!

2. Nancy Good says:

YUM!!!
    now where can I purchase these little jems??? I live near Chattanooga,Tn.

Thanks for the info….

3. Carmen Echegaray says:

Whe can I find your products ?I live en Pensacola, Florida.

4. Bill Stokes says:

Please send me a case of these at once. OK coupons would be another option………LOL

5. Can’t wait to try these and then share them on my Gluten Free Diva Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/glutenfreediva). I can think of at least, oh a million ways to use these!

6. Adriana says:

I wish it wasn’t so expensive to enjoy something that used to be the cheapest part of my diet.

7. Carol Plexico says:

I can’t wait to try these and hope one of our Publix or Kroger Stores will have them soon!

8. beth johnstone says:

I am so excited…I’m not Vietnamese but I love Vietnamese sandwiches…BAHN MEI…(i think that’s how you spell it)…It’s not dietetic but it is yummy…veggies…meat..cilantro…mayo….YUM!! Can’t wait..thanks so much!

9. Judith Richey says:

Baguettes are the one thing I have missed the most. My husband and I used to frequent Panera’s and St. Louis Bread Co. for their baked goods and coffees. We would make a meal of Baguette and cream cheese with an espresso and surf the web planning our home remodel before moving to MT from MO. Thank you for this new product. Will try it as soon as I can find it locally.

10. Cynthia Prader says:

-any thoughts on a gluten free stuffing or recipe using baguettes

11. Chris Wilkins says:

Speaking of Italian, I cut mie in half and in half again (longways) top with pizza sauce, toppings and lots of yummy mozzerella cheese and bake them at 400 for about 8-10 minutes! Amazing GF French bread pizza!

12. Cathy says:

Can’t wait to see the baguettes on the shelves, buy them and surprise my hubby!! He really misses crusty french bread ~ hurry and get them shipped :) Thank you!!!!!!!

13. Lauren says:

Is the ingredient list available for this product? My son is gluten intolerant and brown rice intolerant (along with a milk protein allergy and many more), which can make even finding pre-made gluten free food challenging. Thank you!

14. Are we going to be able to get GF herb dressing?

15. Hudlene k Harney says:

Are there any plans for sour dough baguetts….love the sour dough….

16. Dee says:

I am excited!!! This is the one thing I was really missing, and from the images it looks like regular baguettes too! haha!

17. When shopping for gluten-free cereal, look for products that contain a label specifying it is gluten free or read the ingredients label. If you are not sure if your favorite cereal is gluten free, call the company and ask.

18. Kuipo says:

reading all that made my stomach growl for some reason.

19. Very excited and will look for them at Vons.

20. Tammie says:

I am Italian and have just been told to avoid Gluten for health reasons. I love pasta and bread. For 54 years I have lived on an Italian diet and am not sure how to adjust. Looking forward to the baguette arriving. Thank you.