Happy, Healthy, & Gluten-Free!
Just because a meal is gluten-free, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s healthy. Many of us have learned this lesson the hard way! The key to a strong and healthy body is maintaining a well balanced diet!
How often have you uttered “I just don’t have the time to make a healthy dinner every night!”? We definitely understand the feeling. Life, kids, work, hobbies; they all pull us in twenty different directions. However, your health, and the health of your family, is an important priority so we are here to help!
This week, set aside time to prepare these three simple suppers for those you love. We hope they inspire you to stop avoiding your neglected kitchen and realize that a healthy meal is only a few effortless steps away!
Have a bea-UDI-ful week!
- 1 cup dried Green Lentils
- 2 cups Water
- 1 dried Bay Leaf
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- teaspoon dried Basil
- 4 large handfuls Baby Spinach
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes or Vegan Parmesan Cheese substitute for topping (optional)
- Place the lentils, water, and bay leaf in a saucepan over high heat. Bring the water to a boil, partially cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the lentils are tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the bay leaf.
- Add remaining ingredients to the lentils and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve over gluten-free brown rice pasta, quinoa, steamed vegetables, or zucchini “noodles.”
Creamy Turkey & Kale Skillet
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch Green Kale, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Sage
- 1 teaspoon No-Salt Added Poultry Seasoning
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Low-Fat, or Fat-Free, Sour Cream
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, onion, and garlic to the pan and cook until turkey is barely pink.
- Add the dried spices, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, kale, chopped tomato, and chicken stock. Cook down slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir in the sour cream until evenly combined.
- Let the skillet rest 5 minutes before serving.