Superbowl Sunday; Quick & Delicious Gluten Free Snack
By: Megan B. – Udi’s Face of Gluten Free
When I am going to throw a party, especially a game day party, I try and stick to things that are naturally gluten free and of course super tasty. Today I am going to share a recipe that can be done two ways and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- 10-15 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup of Blue Cheese Dressing
- ¼ cup of Hot Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional: strips of bacon (one for each popper)
- Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep the Jalapeños. You may want to wear latex gloves during this step. Wash them, cut off the top, and then cut them down the middle so you have 2 halves. Remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Stuff the buffalo chicken mixture into the jalapeno halves and put on a baking sheet. If you want to go the extra mile, wrap each popper with one strip of bacon!
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- If you have any leftover buffalo chicken mixture you can put it into a baking dish for a wonderful buffalo chicken dip. You can serve the dip with Corn Tortilla chips which are naturally gluten free and celery sticks.
There you have it Buffalo Chicken Two Ways! This is sure to be a game day hit (no matter who wins the game)!