Expo West 2013; New Gluten Free Treats, Delicious Breakfast, and More!
By: Suzanne Wolke
Last week we were excited and honored to be part of the 33rd annual Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California. With 63,000 industry members in attendance and 2,428 exhibiting companies, the event was a whirlwind of exciting new companies, products, and special appearances.
This year Udi’s was fortunate to present more exciting new and delicious gluten free products than ever.
Our New Product Showcase consisted of…
- Based off of our delicious gluten free granola, these clusters loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and omegas.
- 2 varieties: Blueberry Cashew with Antioxidants and Cherry Walnut with Omegas
- We have three new soft & chewy granola bars that are perfect for on the go or a quick snack! They’re also a great source of antioaxidants, vitamins, and omegas to help boost hearth health and fight illness.
- 3 Varieties: Chocolate Chip with Antioxidants, Cranberry Almond with Omegas, and Ancient Grain
- Quesadillas, Fajitas, Burritos . . . Oh my! Finally, we’re excited to give you a soft and great tasting gluten free tortilla!
- 2 Varieties: Large (6-pack) and Small (8-pack)
- These delicious new cookies are shelf stable and are made with non-GMO cereal grains. The flavor combinations are sure to blow you away!
- 3 Varieties: Peanut Butter Coconut, Sea Salt Caramel Cashew, and Chocolate Chip Pecan
Ancient Grain Crisps:
- Our new Ancient Grain Crisps are not only delicious but full of nutritious Amaranth, Quinoa, Flax, Sesame, Millet, and Black Seeds! They also have fewer calories, carbs, and fat than leading competitors.
- 3 Flavors: Aged Cheddar, Sea Salt, and Jalapeno Cheddar
In additional to the numerous new gluten free treats we got to share with the world, this particular Expo was special in another way; it marked the first time that we sponsored this event with our two sister companies, Glutino and Earth Balance. Together we hosted a delicious gluten free and vegan breakfast to kick of this year’s exhibition.
Throughout the weekend we also fed the hungry attendees with our Mighty Bagels and Everything Inside Bagels that were topped with Earth Balance’s Peanut Butter and Culinary Spreads.
And it didn’t end there! At our booth, attendees were able to sample some of our brand new products. The morning started off with granola clusters served with vanilla yogurt and our nutritious granola bars. Lunch was an absolute hit when we served cheese and roasted red pepper quesadillas using our soft flour tortillas. For those who were dairy-free, we were lucky enough to be able to offer a GoVeggie option. Our new ancient grain chips also made an appearance. Whether you preferred Sea Salt or Aged Cheddar, once you tried one your just couldn’t stop! We ended the day with our brand new and oh so delicious, cookies. All three flavors are irresistible which was proven by our continuous need to refill our sampling tray.
Overall the Natural Food Expo was a huge success! Although our bellies are full and our feet a little weary, we’re ready to start bringing these great new gluten free baked goods to stores near you. Aaaaand Expo East will be coming up fast!! Make sure to join us Sept. 25-28, 2013 in Baltimore, MD.
Which new products are you most excited about??