Expo West 2013; New Gluten Free Treats, Delicious Breakfast, and More!

By: Suzanne Wolke

Last week we were excited and honored to be part of the 33rd annual Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California. With 63,000 industry members in attendance and 2,428 exhibiting companies, the event was a whirlwind of exciting new companies, products, and special appearances.

This year Udi’s was fortunate to present more exciting new and delicious gluten free products than ever.

Our New Product Showcase consisted of…

Active Granola Clusters:

• Based off of our delicious gluten free granola, these clusters loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and omegas.
  • 2 varieties: Blueberry Cashew with Antioxidants and Cherry Walnut with Omegas

Granola Bars:

• We have three new soft & chewy granola bars that are perfect for on the go or a quick snack! They’re also a great source of antioaxidants, vitamins, and omegas to help boost hearth health and fight illness.
  • 3 Varieties: Chocolate Chip with Antioxidants, Cranberry Almond with Omegas, and Ancient Grain

Tortillas:

• Quesadillas, Fajitas, Burritos . . . Oh my! Finally, we’re excited to give you a soft and great tasting gluten free tortilla!
  • 2 Varieties: Large (6-pack) and Small (8-pack)

New Cookies:

• These delicious new cookies are shelf stable and are made with non-GMO cereal grains. The flavor combinations are sure to blow you away!
  • 3 Varieties: Peanut Butter Coconut, Sea Salt Caramel Cashew, and Chocolate Chip Pecan

Ancient Grain Crisps:

• Our new Ancient Grain Crisps are not only delicious but full of nutritious Amaranth, Quinoa, Flax, Sesame, Millet, and Black Seeds! They also have fewer calories, carbs, and fat than leading competitors.
  • 3 Flavors: Aged Cheddar, Sea Salt, and Jalapeno Cheddar

In additional to the numerous new gluten free treats we got to share with the world, this particular Expo was special in another way; it marked the first time that we sponsored this event with our two sister companies, Glutino and Earth Balance. Together we hosted a delicious gluten free and vegan breakfast to kick of this year’s exhibition.

Throughout the weekend we also fed the hungry attendees with our Mighty Bagels and Everything Inside Bagels that were topped with Earth Balance’s Peanut Butter and Culinary Spreads.

And it didn’t end there! At our booth, attendees were able to sample some of our brand new products. The morning started off with granola clusters served with vanilla yogurt and our nutritious granola bars. Lunch was an absolute hit when we served cheese and roasted red pepper quesadillas using our soft flour tortillas. For those who were dairy-free, we were lucky enough to be able to offer a GoVeggie option. Our new ancient grain chips also made an appearance. Whether you preferred Sea Salt or Aged Cheddar, once you tried one your just couldn’t stop! We ended the day with our brand new and oh so delicious, cookies. All three flavors are irresistible which was proven by our continuous need to refill our sampling tray.

Overall the Natural Food Expo was a huge success! Although our bellies are full and our feet a little weary, we’re ready to start bringing these great new gluten free baked goods to stores near you. Aaaaand Expo East will be coming up fast!! Make sure to join us Sept. 25-28, 2013 in Baltimore, MD.

Which new products are you most excited about??

37 Responses to “Expo West 2013; New Gluten Free Treats, Delicious Breakfast, and More!”

1. Liz says:

HI! I stumbled across your Ancient Grain Sea salt chips randomly at my local Walmart. They are absolutely amazing! I am however, currently disappointed to not be able to find them anywhere. Many local stores have the two cheese flavors, but everyone seems to be sold out of the simple sea salt. I finally had to order from Amazon, from the only available listing, and they came in crushed! Do you have any information on when these might be restocked? Or possibly when I can simply order them directly?

2. Chrystal says:

Hi I was wondering if you guys will ever come to vancouver?

3. just jack says:

A lot of them sound great. Including all the peanut ones. yum!

Only thing I wish is that your products weren’t so expensive!

4. Christine Foltz says:

When are these new products coming to the East Coast. I have not seen them yet. I shop @ Wegman’s in Mechanicsburg, PA. I can’t wait to try them.

5. Jennifer says:

Thanks for the new products. The tortillas are SO good!

6. Where in Putnam county is the new products. What stores? Where do you register for the expo in Maryland .

7. Lori says:

I contacted the company via their web page looking for the same answer a lot of us are- will this mean that those of us with nut allergies will no longer be able to enjoy Udi products? Some of us have multiple allergies to deal with (nut, soy and gluten), and it is companies that are doing things like this that are slowly making it harder for us to find “convenience” foods. As soon as I hear anything I will post.

• Suzanne says:

Hi Lori, a few of our granolas currently also contain nuts but are made in separate facilities from the rest of our baked goods. This will be the same case for the cookies. Please let me know if I can help answer any other concerns!

8. Heidi says:

As others have commented, it’s disappointing that you now are making a peanut butter product.I hope that being an allergy aware company, you will be keeping this product separate so that it doesn’t cause cross contamination risks for those of us who need to stay away from peanuts. My family and I have relied on your company to provide safe and delicious gluten free products for the last several years. Hopefully we will still be able to enjoy your other products. I know I would be especially sad to not be able to continue having your awesome blueberry muffins.

• Suzanne says:

Hi Heidi, I totally understand your concern. Currently, a few of our gluten free granolas also contain nuts but are made in separate facilities from the rest of our baked goods. This will also be the case for the new cookies. Please let me know if I can help answer any other concerns!

9. Judy says:

It would be great if Udi’s would offer coupons more often for your products. Love your items, but they are very expensive. Loyalty coupons every now and then would be a nice marketing tool and very appreciated by your customers.

• Christine Foltz says:

I totally agree. I wish there were more coupons. I tell people all the time about how wonderful Udi’s products are, but the price sometimes keeps them from purchasing the products. Please think about couponing more. It is great for marketing!!!

10. I am very excited about the new Tortillas. I feel so left out when the rest of the family is having Mexican night. I can’t wait to find out more about them.

11. Cyndee says:

Please send the GF tortillas to Minnesota!!

• Gail says:

Yes, I’m also from Minnesota and have been looking for your Tortillas. When will they come to our stores.