Easy Gluten Free Baked Meatball Subs
By: Andrea Glenn – Author of A Lazy Girl’s Guide to Living Gluten Free
I have been extra busy at work lately, which is in addition to all the normal craziness I manage to pack in each week. Needless to say, I have not had much time or energy to cook lately, but I still try to have dinner on the table each night, even if it only takes me ten minutes to make. That’s where these meatball subs are perfect. I had some Udi’s hotdog buns in my freezer and a bag of Meijer pre-made frozen meatballs and figured I could make a quick meatball sub that still tasted amazing. These subs took very little time to prepare and even less effort, yet they were very delicious.
- 4 Udi’s Gluten Free Classic Hotdog Buns
- 20 Frozen or homemade Meatballs (4 medium meatballs will fit into 1 Udi’s bun)
- 3/4 (18 oz) Jar Prego Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Place frozen meatballs (no need to thaw) and pasta sauce in a sauce pan. Coat the meatballs by turning them carefully with a spoon. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Place buns open side up in the greased baking dish. Be careful to keep the buns intact if possible. Put 4 cooked meatballs in each bun and top with remaining sauce if desired. Cover each sub with shredded mozzarella cheese; I probably used more than a cup since I love lots of cheese.
- Bake subs in preheated oven until cheese is melted and slightly browning.
Make sure to stop by Andrea’s blog Lazy Girl’s Guide to Living Gluten Free for lots of simple and delicious gluten free recipes!