National Strawberry Month; Decadent Strawberry-licious Recipes
Don’t let May pass you by without enjoying some sweet, succulent, and oh-so juicy, strawberries! May is National Strawberry Month, a perfect opportunity to set this healthy and versatile little berry in the spotlight. Did you know that strawberries are high in vitamin C, folate, potassium, and full of healthy antioxidants such as flavonoids? One cup of strawberries comes in around 50 calories and is the perfect addition to breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert!
To help celebrate the strawberry, here are some deliciously decadent recipes inspired by this sweet fruit!
Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup strawberry preserves or jam
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/2cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together yogurt, coconut oil, sugar, eggs, water, vanilla extract.
- Whisk together wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the strawberry preserves.
- Pour batter into a greased 13inch baking pan.
- Bake brownies for 30- 35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Place brownies in refrigerator to cool.
- For the ganache, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt in a blender or food processor.
- Process mixture until smooth.
- Pour ganache over brownie mixture and leave in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Take brownies out, cut into 12 pieces and garnish with additional strawberries.
French Vanilla Cream Cheese Strawberry Raspberry Cake
- 1 box gluten free vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 8oz tub strawberry cream cheese
- 2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325
- Beat together vanilla cake mix, oil , water, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 inch cake pan.
- Bake cake for 45-55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Place cake on counter to cool.
- While cake cools, beat strawberry cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together for frosting. Slowly sift in powdered sugar and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Once cool, remove cake from pan and cut cake evenly in half.
- Layer raspberry preserves filling between cake rounds and top with the fresh raspberries (make sure filling is not too thick or it will spill out).
- Place top layer over filling.
- Frost entire cake with frosting and garnish with fresh raspberries and strawberries.
Strawberry Honey Parfait
- 4 Udi’s Double Vanilla Muffins
- 1 cup honey or agave nectar
- 4 cups Honey Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound slices fresh strawberries
- Take 1 vanilla muffin and tear into about 1 inch cubes.
- Place half of the cubes at the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Drizzle 1/8 cup honey over the muffin pieces.
- Spoon ½ cup honey Greek yogurt over the honey layer.
- Place about ¼ cup sliced strawberries over the yogurt.
- Drop remaining muffin pieces over yogurt and drizzle with an additional 1/8 cup honey.
- Spoon ½ cup greek yogurt over honey and top with another ¼ cup slices strawberries.
- Top parfait with ¼ cup chopped walnuts and garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
- Repeat process to remaining parfaits for a total of 4 finished parfaits.
Strawberry Pistachio Goat Cheese Pizza
For a heartier twist on the strawberry, try using them in this Strawberry Pistachio Goat Cheese Pizza by CookingLight. Just make sure to use an Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust as your base! Find the recipe here: http://bit.ly/1801oWp
What’s your favorite way to incorporate strawberries in a recipe?