Shake Your Udi’s, Boogie Your Buns!
By: Suzanne Wolke
It’s BBQ season and all month long we’ve been Boogieing Our Buns gluten free style. Whether you were inspired by our Shake Your Udi’s Nationwide Disco Tour, you are hosting a Boogie Your Buns HouseParty this weekend, or just in the mood for a good ol’ fashion cook out, we’re sharing some delicious gluten free BBQ recipes to help you get the party started. Also, make sure to check out our Backyard BBQ and Better Burgers Pinterst Boards!
Share your own grilling recipe in the comments below!
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Stacks
- 1. tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound Halloumi cheese cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 14 2 1/2 inch rounds (use 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutters on 2 Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crusts)
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cored, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil to garnish (optional)
Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Add cheese and toss to coat. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 2 hours. – Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the pizza rounds for about one minute on each side (wait until grill marks appear) then remove to a plate. – On the same grill, lay marinated cheese on grill until grill marks appear, or about one minute per side. – Stack crusts with warm grilled cheese, and a slice of tomato. Lightly garnish with extra-virgin olive oil and sea salt.
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- 4 Udi’s Classic Hot Dog Buns
- 4 gluten free hot dogs, cooked
- 2 green pepper, diced
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 6-8 basil leaves, chopped
1. Drizzle marinara sauce over hot dogs and buns.
2. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes, and green peppers.
3. Grill over medium-high heat, covered, or broil until mozzarella is melted. Be careful not to burn your buns!
4. Top with chopped basil leaves and enjoy!
We fell in love with Shara’s flavor full veggie burgers a little while ago now. The eggplant, onions, and asparagus add a depth of flavor that will leave you wanting seconds (or thirds)! As per Shara, they’re “Delicious, Colorful, Loaded with Flavor & Gluten Free.” Find her recipe here.
Serves 2 people as a meal or 4 people as an appetizer .
- 8 slices of Udi’s Multigrain Bread
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (I recommend a variety of colors!)
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Suggested ingredient: Sliced grilled chicken
Directions: Preheat your oven to 375F. Place the 8 slices of Udi’s Bread on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush with Olive Oil and place in the oven. Cook for approximately 3 – 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the toast from the oven and place on a plate to cool. Meanwhile, using a large chopping surface, dice the heirloom tomatoes and avocado. Combine in a large mixing bowl. Chop the fresh basil and add to the bowl. Add the lemon juice, E.V.O.O., salt and pepper to the bowl and toss with a spoon. Spoon the bruschetta mixture over each piece of bread and serve immediately.
Note: To make this dish a little more hearty, add chopped grilled chicken to the bruschetta mixture or serve on the side. Second note: Want more kick? Spread chopped garlic and oil onto the bread slices before toasting.
These delicious salmon burgers are topped with a creamy avocado spread and are sure to take your BBQ to the next level. Feel free to sub in your favorite fish to tailor this recipe to your tastes. Find the full recipe here.
What’s your favorite BBQ recipe!?