Shake Things Up With Udi’s; Innovative Gluten Free Recipes
By: Leigh Buckley –Udi’s Marketing Coordinator
We’ve all got our little routines. Especially once you find a gluten free favorite (like Udi’s!) it can be hard to stray away from those comfort foods that you know you’ll love. However, this week we’ve come up with a few ways you can spice up your dishes and tweak your beloved Udi’s into a fun new creation!
So if you are looking for a new and original way to use some of your Udi’s products, we have some out of the box ideas that we guarantee you’ll be dying to try. Go ahead- test your comfort zone…
Identity Crisis Muffin Pancakes
- 1 package Udi’s Gluten Free Double Vanilla Muffins
- ½ Cup Milk of Choice (We used almond to keep it dairy free)
- ¼ Tablespoons Coconut or Walnut Oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Walnuts
- 6 oz fresh Cherries, pitted and chopped.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Let heat up until water droplets sizzle.
- Meanwhile, place your Udi’s Double Vanilla Muffins in a food processor or blender. Combine until you have fine crumbs.
- Add in milk, oil, and egg. Blend until just combined. Make sure not to over mix. For thinner pancakes you can add in extra milk, one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Stir in Walnut pieces and Cherries.
- Drop ¼ cup batter at a time onto heated skillet. Wait until bubbles appear in the middle of pancake and then flip.
- Serve immediately with extra cherries and pure maple syrup.
Stuffed Brownie Bites
- 2 Package Udi’s Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites
- 2 Cups Ice Cream of Choice
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Non Stick Spray
- Equipment– Ice Cube Trays
- Spray 2 empty ice cube trays with a light layer of non stick spray.
- Remove all brownies from wrappers.
- One a time, push a full brownie bite into each ice cube holder and ‘smoosh’ brownie in and around the sides. There should be a thick layer of brownie that covers the bottom, all the way up the sides of each cube. Be sure to still leave room in the middle for the ice-cream.
- Take a tablespoon of ice-cream and layer into each brownie layered cube. Drop a few chocolate chips onto the ice cream.
- Cover the top of the ice-cream and chocolate chips with another brownie bite (depending on the size of your ice cube tray you may only need half of a brownie bite). Press brownie down until it is even with the top of the cube.
- Repeat quickly, one tray at a time until all cubes are filled. Place into the freezer immediately.
- Keep frozen for at least one hour, until hardened.
- Pop out of freezer tray and enjoy!
Tip- if you find it difficult to remove brownie cubes, flip tray over and run under hot water until brownies easily pop out.
Double Egg in a Basket Sandwich
- 2 slices Udi’s Gluten Free Millet-Chia Bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices Tomato
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cut a hole in the middle of each (room-temperature) bread slice with a thinly edged cup. Place bread circles to the side. You can use these later for toast.
- Melt butter on the skillet, and then place both bread slices with the hole cut out in skillet.
- Carefully crack one egg into each bread hole.
- Cook egg in bread until it sets and then flip over.
- Place one slice of cheese on top of each slice of egg bread and cook an additional one minute, until cheese melts but eggs yolks are still runny.
- Remove bread from heat and assemble sandwich with sliced avocado, and tomato.
- Cut sandwich in half and enjoy!
Mini Apple Turnovers
- 3 large Udi’s Gluten Free Tortillas (Large Size)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Full Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Peel, core, and chop apples. Place apples, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and lemon juice into large pot. Heat on the stovetop over medium- high heat for 12-15 minutes until apples are soft and caramelized. Stir often so no apple pieces burn.
- While apples are cooking, use a cookie cutter to cut out 3” round circles from the Tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a greased cookie sheet, arrange half the Tortilla rounds so they are flat.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons of apple mixture over each Tortilla, leaving ¼ inch of tortilla edging.
- Brush egg yolks around the edging of each tortilla.
- Place the other half of the Tortillas on top of apple mixture and press edging together with a fork. If needed, brush additional egg yolk along the rim of tortillas.
- Mix together the whole egg and milk and brush the tops of each turnover with mixture. Immediately sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake turnovers for 10-12 minutes until tops of turnovers are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15-30 minutes. Serve plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and extra apples.
What’s the craziest dish you’ve ever made with Udi’s?