Get Your #CeliacAwareness On!
By: Suzanne Wolke
May is Celiac Awareness Month and we are here to help you celebrate and spread the word about Celiac Disease and Gluten Free Living. Below is a list of some of the amazing campaigns happening during the month of May. Know of others? Add them in the comments below!
- The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) is recognizing the Heroes Within Us – community members who are out there making a difference in the lives of those with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity (‘gluten sensitivity’). Learn more HERE.
- The Gluten Intolerance Group’s ”Chef To Plate” Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness campaign has recruited over 1300 restaurants to help spread awareness of gluten-related disorders around the world. For the month of May, GIG asks participating restaurants to post educational materials (in the form of posters and table-tents, which are provided free of charge) in their establishments to help educate and promote awareness of gluten-related disorders. Learn about the participating restaurants HERE.
- To help celebrate and promote Celiac Awareness Month, The Gluten Dude will be writing 30 blog posts over 30 consecutive days (weekends excluded) with the theme “30 Days of Helping 30 Celiacs”. Each post will be aimed toward helping one specific person or group of people. You can read his posts HERE.
- Celiac and the Beast is hosting a great month-long gluten free celebration. See all the great GF Freebies she’s giving away HERE.
- Gluten Free Mama is hosting their 2nd annual Baking Palooza in honor of Celiac Awareness Month. Learn more about the contest HERE.
- If you have Twitter, join Gluten Away’s campaign and use #positiveceliac and share how getting diagnosed with celiac disease has been a positive thing for your life! Learn more HERE.
- Jennifer’s Way, spearheaded by Jennifer Esposito, is getting her celiac story out to the public masses to help raise awareness and educate the general public. Learn more about her book and mission HERE.
- Gluten Free Gal has been advocating celiac awareness by sharing some great personal stories. You can read them HERE.
- To help support celiac sufferers and to bring more awareness of celiac disease to the public, SensitiviTees has some great new t-shirt designs. Check them out HERE.
- I’m a Celiac is highlighting products that make life better for people are gluten free. She is sharing simple recipes, discussing restaurants that provide Gluten Free food and sharing their weekly Gluten Free menu. She also have over 10 giveaways lined up from amazing Gluten Free brands! Find out what they are HERE.
- Freedible has a great new Celiac Know-How Center! Find out more about this challenging, gluten-triggered auto-immune disorder and find additional resources in the freedible community for people who have, or think they may have, celiac disease. Check it our HERE.
We’re updating this list throughout the month of May so make sure to check back often. And remember to add any Celiac Awareness campaigns we’ve missed in the comments below!