WhatTheHack? The Winners, the finalists, and all the best recipes!
Last month we asked you for your favorite food hacks, recipe short cuts, and clever tricks. We’ve picked our grand prize winner, runner ups and honorable mentions. Enjoy these recipes from your fellow Gluten Free Foodies!
Baked Huevos Rancheros w/ Pineapple Salsa & Parmesan Avocado Cream.
Recipe submitted by Tatianna C.
- 6 slices of Udi’s Millet-Chia Bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup diced roma tomato
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh lime ( using juice only)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 can or jar of salsa verde
- 1/3 cup olive oil, for brushing bread slices
- Cut off the crust from each bread slice and brush both sides of bread with olive oil (just enough to moisten).
- Using a rolling pin gently roll out each slice of bread until flattened with an even thickness (do not over roll or else the bread will begin to crack).
- Using a 6-12 slot muffin tin, gently drop the flatten and oiled bread slices into 6 slots of the tin (if bread begins to crack gently press it back together using your finger tips).
- Cut open the avocado and spoon out the flesh. In a medium bowl mash avocado with a fork until smooth, then add in half of the shaved parmesan cheese, mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the 4 eggs with a fork until yolks are broken up smooth. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble baked cups:
- Spread a small dollop of avocado and parmesan cream mixture into the bottom of each bread cup, then fill the cup with the some of the whipped eggs ( just enough to fill half way using a pouring measuring cup or spoon). Then sprinkle the other half of the shaved parmesan cheese on top of the eggs in each cup.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until bread edges are golden and eggs are set.
- To assemble Pineapple Salsa:
- In a medium bowl combine the diced pineapple, tomato, onion, jalapeño, and chopped cilantro. Add in lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin powder, then toss to combine.
- Top each baked Huevo Ranchero cup with Pineapple Salsa and Salsa Verde. Serve warm
What The Hack Runner Ups:
Click on each image for the recipe.
- Faux Fried Scallops Napoleon with Pinapple Salsa
- Fruity Ham & Cheese Pizza
- Pizza Pasta Lasagna
- Gluten Free Breakfast Burrito
- Almond Lemon Cake
- Baked Flautas
- Southwest Breakfast Frittata
Check back for more Honorable Mention recipes to be added each day!
What was your favorite “food hack”??