UDI’S #GFsquad CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Udi’s #GFsquad Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Udi’s Healthy Foods, LLC (“Sponsor”) and Fleishman-Hillard International Communications (“Agency”) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising agencies, promotion agencies, production agencies, electronic media firms, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household are not eligible to win.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Contest provides entrants with the opportunity to submit a photo of their gluten free advocate and a description as to how this person supported them in their gluten free journey. Contest begins at 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on February 18, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of an Entry Phase that begins at 9:00:00 a.m. ET on February 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 11, 2016 (the “Entry Phase”), a first round selection phase that begins at 9:00:00 a.m. ET on February 12, 2016 and ends at 5:00:00 p.m. ET on February 13, 2016 (the “Judging Phase”) and a voting phase that begins at 9:00:00 a.m. ET on February 14, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 18, 2016 (the “Voting Phase”).
To enter, during the Contest Entry Phase (9:00:00 AM (ET) on February 1, 2016 through 11:59:59 PM (ET) on February 11, 2016) log into your Instagram account, follow @udisglutenfree and post a photo to Instagram of your gluten free advocate and a description on how this person supported you in your gluten free journey, tagging @udisglutenfree and using the hashtags #GFsquad and #Contest to be automatically entered into the Contest. Make sure your settings are public or your photo may not be entered.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the Submission will be considered made by the authorized account owner of the Instagram account at the time the Submission was submitted. “Authorized account owner” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the registered owner of the said account. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the Submission will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry in the Contest. Submissions become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may at its sole discretion disqualify anyone who violates the Official Rules or undermines the integrity of the Contest by disabling cookies, using any form of automatic entering, or any other form of manipulation.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Submission must be an original picture of the entrant’s gluten free advocate taken by the entrant and a description as to how the person supported you in your gluten free journey (“Submission”). No stock photos can be used. Uploading more than one picture does not increase the chance of winning. Any Submission, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be deemed ineligible. Once a Submission is submitted it cannot be changed, altered or modified. Each Submission (a) must be the original and sole creation of, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in the picture must be owned solely by, the entrant; (b) may not contain any nudity or any inappropriate dress as solely determined by the Sponsor; (c) may not have been submitted in any other competition; (d) may not have been published, including postings on the World Wide Web or social media, prior to its entry in the Contest; (e) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos other than Sponsor, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray any entity or individual in a false light; (f) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; and (g) must not depict any individual that has not granted permission to appear in the picture. Each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Submissions complies with the conditions set forth in sub-clauses (a) through (g) above. Non-complying Submissions will be subject to disqualification. Each Submission must not contain the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party (but may contain the trademark, trade name, or logo of the Sponsor) and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. By entering into the Contest, each entrant grants permission for the use of the Submission, and his/her name, to be posted on the World Wide Web in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Each entrant hereby assigns and transfers all right, title and interest in ant to each Submission to Sponsor. All submitted Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING/ WINNER SELECTION: All eligible entries will be judged for the Contest by a panel composed of representatives of the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all judging matters. During the Judging Phase, the panel of judges will review and select six (6) potential finalists from among all eligible entries. Submissions will be judged on a 1-10 scale – 1 being “supportive” and 10 being “the most supportive.” In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-judged by a new judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as stated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify any information contained in the nomination and to request additional information about the Finalist. The six (6) finalists will move on to the Voting Phase.
During the Voting Phase, the six (6)finalists with the highest scores as determined by the panel of judges during the Judging Phase will be posted on the Udi’s Gluten Free Instagram page. The public will be invited to like their favorite post. The one (1) Finalist who receives the highest number of valid likes at the end of the Voting Phase will be deemed the First Prize Winner. The one (1) Finalist who receives the second highest number of valid likes at the end of the Voting Phase will be deemed the Second Prize Winner. The remaining four (4) Finalists will be deemed the Third Prize Winners. In the event of a tie, the Finalist with the highest score in the Judging Phase will be the Winner. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor may choose to post fewer than six (6) Finalists or to not award the prizes if, in their sole discretion, Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
- PRIZES: One (1) First Prize: $500.00 VISA® gift card. One (1) Second Prize: $400 VISA® gift card. Four (4) Third Prizes: $250 VISA® gift card. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) all prizes: $1,900.00. Gift card terms and conditions apply. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winners name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- WINNNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified on or about February 19, 2016. Each winner will be notified via Instagram commentand will have three (3) days to respond via the e-mail address provided with their name, mailing address for prize shipment, email address and telephone number. Failure to respond within the designated timeframe will result in the awarding of the prize to the Submission with the next highest score in the Judging Phase. Limit of one winner per household. Any prize returned as undeliverable will be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score in the Judging Phase.
- GENERAL RULES: By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use winner’s name, Submission, picture/portrait, likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a Submission in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies (available at http://udisglutenfree.com/udis-privacy-policy) and applicable law. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AND WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND THE AGENCY AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCY, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND, AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY EACH ENTRANT AND WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THAT MAY ARISE IN ANY WAY FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at http://udisglutenfree.com/gfsquad-rules/. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award prize from among all eligible Submissions received prior to cancellation or termination. Sponsor and its Agency are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, postage-due or damaged Submissions or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone or transmission failures of any kind, which limit a person’s ability to enter the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Submissions. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Submission to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action. This Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Contest shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Boulder County, Colorado, and each winner expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each winner agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Colorado. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND/OR AWARDS OF ANY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING INTO THIS CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- WINNERS: For a list of winners (after February 25, 2016) send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Udi’s #GFsquad Contest, c/o FleishmanHillard, 828 West Sixth Street, Suite 102, Austin, TX 78703. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://udisglutenfree.com/gfsquad-rules/. VT residents may omit return postage.
Sponsor: Udi’s Healthy Foods, 1600 Pearl Street, Ste 300, Boulder, CO 80302
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Udi’s Healthy Foods, LLC and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Contest winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.