Ahi Tuna, Avocado and Mango Salsa Sandwich
This recipe uses tender ahi tuna, creamy avocado and fresh mangos to create a sweet and salty sandwich fit to impress any guest.Ingredients:
- 2 Udi’s French baguettes
- 12 oz (340g) ahi tuna steaks
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) wasabi mayo
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- sesame seeds
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5mL) wasabi powder (add more depending how spicy you want it)
- .5 tsp (5mL) water
- .5 tsp (5mL) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) gluten free mayonnaise
- Prepare mango salsa. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Cook baguettes for 10-15 minutes from frozen, or 5-8 minutes from ambient.
- Heat sesame oil on high heat. Add tuna to pan and cook approx 2-3 minutes per side (or longer if you want them more well done). Slice tuna into 1/2 inch slices.
- Slice toasted baguette into ¼ inch slices. Layer each round with wasabi mayo, tuna, avocado and mango salsa. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.