Asparagus Ham Roll-Ups
This delicious recipe was submitted by Bonita, one of Udi's New Faces of Gluten Free. Her goat cheese, asparagus, green onions sliced lengthwise into quarters and red peppers make these tasty roll-ups ideal for a spring celebration. Fresh chive ties will give them a fussed-over look, but they’re a cinch to make!
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces goat cheese, ½ cup spreadable
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 green onions sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 16 whole chives
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
Yields: 16 servings
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip, slice of onion and cheese smear on each slice of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until served