Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Almonds and Honey Almond Chevre’ Cheese
This delicious recipe was submitted by Bonita, one of Udi's New Faces of Gluten Free.
- 24 large pitted Medjool dates
- 12 slices Applegate Natural (Uncured Sunday Bacon with no nitrates. Gluten and Casein Free)
- 4 ounces Honey Almond Chevre' Cheese
- 24 almonds soaked overnight in water
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Partially cook bacon so as it is limp and not completely crispy. Place on paper towel to cool
- Stuff each date with the soaked almond, then fill the remaining space with ½ tsp. softened cheese
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each date and secure with a fancy toothpick.
- Place dates on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased sheet) and bake until bacon is golden and crispy, 6-8 minutes.