- 6 oz stale Udi's GF White Bread, dice
- 10 small and nicely ripe/juicy tomatoes, or 6 medium, or 4 large, cut in wedges
- half a large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 small sweet red onions thinly sliced
- a small bunch of fresh basil (about 15 stems)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt, freshly-ground pepper
- Place the bread in a large salad bowl, add the tomatoes, and stir to combine. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, as the bread absorbs the juices from the tomatoes and softens.
- Pluck the basil leaves and tear them into bits. Add the cucumbers, onions, and basil to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently to mix, preferably with your hands.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. At the last minute, add in the vinegar, taste and adjust the seasoning.