Cait’s Summertime Bruschetta
Cait is one of Udi's New Faces of Gluten Free. She is also the author of Gluten-Free Yogi where you can find this recipe and many others!Serves 2 people as a meal or 4 people as an appetizer
- 8 slices of Udi's Multigrain Bread
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (I recommend a variety of colors!)
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Suggested ingredient: Sliced grilled chicken
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Place the 8 slices of Udi's Bread on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush with Olive Oil and place in the oven. Cook for approximately 3 - 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the toast from the oven and place on a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, using a large chopping surface, dice the heirloom tomatoes and avocado. Combine in a large mixing bowl. Chop the fresh basil and add to the bowl. Add the lemon juice, E.V.O.O., salt and pepper to the bowl and toss with a spoon.
- Spoon the bruschetta mixture over each piece of bread and serve immediately.