- 1.5 C dry white wine
- 1 tbls cornstarch
- 1 tsp water or white wine
- ½ lb shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ lb shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- Udi’s baguette
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 5 minutes. Servings: 4-5.
- Add wine to pot and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- In a cup, stir cornstarch with 2 tsp of water or wine.
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zig-zag pattern to prevent cheese from balling up, until cheese is just melted and creamy. Do not boil.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and stir into fondue.
- Bring fondue to a simmer and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm.