Chicken Ranchero Taco Bowls
Recipe courtesy of Silvana NardoneMakes: 6
- Six 6-inch Udi’s Gluten Free Plain Tortillas, softened. (To soften the tortillas, just stack them on a microwave-safe plate, cover and microwave until softened, about 30 seconds on high.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- One 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One rotisserie chicken (about 5 cups), at room temperature and meat shredded
- 4 slices cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
- Chopped avocado, sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Invert a muffin pan and lightly grease the back of six muffin cups with cooking spray. Place the softened tortillas over the greased muffin cups to cover. Bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then remove the taco bowls from the pan and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, chile powder, cumin powder and salt; cook until softened. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
- Stir in the chicken and divide among the tortilla bowls.
- Top with the bacon and serve with the avocado, sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges.