Chocolate Apple Banana Nut Bread
1 ½ cups Gluten Free Flour
½ cup Quinoa Flour
1/8 cup Almond Meal
¼ cup Flaxseed Meal
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
2 over ripe bananas
1 plain Greek yogurt
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large apple
2/3 cup chopped pecans
½ cup toasted coconut
6 Udi’s Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites (finely chopped)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine flours, meals, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
3. Add the bananas and Greek yogurt to stand mixer fitted with wire whisk and whip together for about 4 minutes.
4. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla, beat well. Fold in the flour mixture just until incorporated.
5. Chop the apple and add along with nuts, coconut and Brownie Bites to the batter.
6. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store up to a week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
*The slices of bread taste great topped with nut butter, sliced bananas and honey.