Chocolate Chip & Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Udi’s Steel Cut Oats with Currents, Flax, & Chia
- ¾ cup amaranth flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries, optional
- Turbinado sugar, optional
- In a saucepot, bring buttermilk to a low simmer of over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and add oats. Allow the oats to soak for 30 minutes.
- While the oats are soaking, whisk together flours, salt, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add oats and milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries or cherries.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spoon batter using ¼ cup measurements onto cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Lightly sprinkle each scone with a pinch of Turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve.