Cinnamon Raisin Bagel French Toast with Creme Fraiche
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon raisin Udi's Gluten-Free Bagels, cut on the diagonal without taking apart, into 8 pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- creme fraiche and maple syrup for serving
- In a shallow pan, whisk together egg, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Dunk the bagel pieces in, letting them float for 30 seconds, then flipping them over, and spooning the liquid over. Then let them sit for 1 minute, and remove, setting on a plate.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter on a griddle or in a cast iron skillet. Bring to medium heat, and add some of the bagel slices. You'll be doing this in a few batches. Cook on one side for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and put foil over to keep warm while you finish the others. Before adding bagel slices for each batch, melt 1 tablespoon butter, and proceed.
- Serve with dollops of creme fraiche and maple syrup.