Cranberry and Sage Dressing Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices Udi’s Ancient Grains Omega Flax & Fiber Bread
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bread onto a baking sheet and toast until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes a side. Slice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- While the bread is toasting, place chicken breasts in between two sheets of food-grade plastic wrap. With a mallet (or even the bottom of a glass), pound the chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a large bowl, toss to combine toasted bread cubes, egg, 1/4 cup chicken broth, sage, cranberries, salt, and pepper.
- Remove plastic wrap from chicken, drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Evenly place a large spoonful of bread mixture on top of each chicken breast pressing to adhere. Starting at the small end of the breast roll the chicken breast up. Secure by tying cooking twine around each end or secure the seam with toothpicks.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in an oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes a side until golden brown. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the pan and remove from heat. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove cooking twine, slice, and serve.