Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Udi’s Gluten Free Plain Bagels
- a little butter
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- chopped chives for garnish
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g unsalted butter, diced
- To prepare our Gluten Free Eggs Benedict start by making the Hollandaise sauce. Pour the lemon juice and vinegar into a small bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk with a traditional balloon whisk until the mixture is nicely light and frothy.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk again until the mixture begins to thicken. Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly until thicker still. If it looks like it might be splitting, then take off the heat and whisk for a few minutes. Add seasoning to taste and keep warm.
- To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Reduce the heat so that the water is simmering gently. Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook each for about 4 minutes, and then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Lightly toast and butter the bagels, then put two slices of salmon on each half. Top each with an egg, then spoon over some Hollandaise and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped chives.