Gluten Free Apricot Cheesecake
Recipe by Linda MalekCrust:
- 1 1/2 cups Udi's Gluten Free Sweet & Crunchy Vanilla Granola
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted
- 8 oz. dried apricots
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 8oz pkgs all natural cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup, all natural, sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups, all natural, sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbs. sugar
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. You will need: 9 inch spring-form pan, lined with parchment paper, and a food processor.
-To make the crust:
- Place the granola and sugar in a food processor, turn it on for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and pulse 4 times.
- Press the mixture into the spring-form pan.
- Boil the apricots in water until very soft. Drain the water and mash the fruit to pulp. Sweeten with sugar to suit your taste
- Stir in the almond extract and set aside
- Using an electric mixer, set on slow speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time; mix well. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the apricot pulp.
- Pour the batter into the crust filled pan and bake for 40-45 minutes; until the cake is set.
- Beat the three ingredients listed above together until combined.
- Remove the baked cheesecake from the oven, spoon the topping over the surface of the cake, then return it to the over for 8 more minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature; then refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Spoon the remaining apricot pulp on top of the cheesecake. Decorate with whipped cream