Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
Recipe provided by Jeanie Kaczorowski - Daily Winner of Udi's GF Table Contest.
- 3 packs of button mushrooms
- Tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped or use garlic press
- 2 Large Heavy Cream Bottles
- 1/4 c. of organic Veggie Stock
- 1/2 tbsp of Corn Starch
- 1 sm Onion - diced
- 1/2 tbsp of evoo (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Pour the EVOO in the saute pan with the garlic and onions - add a little bit of salt, cover and let sweat until opaque, about 10 minutes.
- While onions are in the pan spa, wash the mushrooms and cut the larger ones into quarters and any smaller ones in half. Uncover your pan add the mushrooms, the rest of the salt, pepper and cumin. Stir well until cumin is mixed thoroughly. Cover and let sweat for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, uncover and add the stock, stir. Then add both bottles of cream. Stir until it is mixed thoroughly and let simmer. After 5 minutes, add the corn starch (this will help in making a thicker soup, add more if you prefer a much thicker soup) Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring more then occasionally.
- Pair with a good GF garlic bread. Ladle into Serving bowls or gluten free bread bowls and enjoy!