Gluten Free Breakfast Bake
1- UDI’S Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread Loaf, slices cubed
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
¾ pound smoked bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1- 28oz can diced San Marzano tomatoes, drained
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1-cup extra sharp cheddar, shredded
1-cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
½ cup green onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a bowl toss bread and olive oil together, sprinkle with salt and pepper to season. Toast in glass dish for 20 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, cook bacon until browned, about 8 minutes, set aside on a plate with paper towel to drain. Keep about 2 -3 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, add tomatoes, red pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Return all ingredients to a large bowl along with cheeses, green onion. Toss until well combined. Transfer to oiled glass baking dish, cover with foil and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes.
5. Using a spatula or a measuring cup, press down 6 holes in the bread, break and crack an egg into each indentation. 6. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes depending on how well done you want your eggs. 7. Scoop out with a spoon and serve immediately. This is great to serve with some Siracha hot chili sauce.
Recipe provided by Chef Stuart O'Keeffe.