Gluten Free French Canadian Christmas Stuffing
- 4-6 cups of chopped gluten free Udi’s Bread
- ½ cup each of diced celery, onions and carrots
- 4 slices of gluten free turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon each of dried sage and thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add turkey bacon to a medium heated pan and cook until crispy. Set bacon aside and allow to cool. Chop into small pieces when cooled.
- Sauté the holy trinity of celery, onions and carrots in oil/butter on medium to low heat until the vegetables soften.
- Add the crumbled bacon, bread spices, chicken stock and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes in the pan. Remove from heat.
- lace all of the ingredients either in a greased casserole dish or stuff in turkey.
- If in a dish, bake covered with foil for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F and then remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Calories 242
- Total Fat 5.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 402.2mg
- Potassium 154.7mg
- Total Carbohydrates 41g
- Fiber 2.9g
- Sugar 4.4g
- Protein 7.4g
- Recipe Accolades
- • Dairy Free • Gluten Free • Nut Free
Smart Facts: Sage is an herb that has been prized for thousands of years not just for its culinary uses but also for its nutritional properties. Sage is a good source of bone building calcium, blood building iron and blood pressure regulation potassium!