Gluten Free Hawaiian Whole Grain Pizza Fingers
Recipe created by Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD at The Clairmont Digestive Clinic.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) gluten-free pizza sauce
- 4 slices Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread
- 60 ml (¼ cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) chopped fresh pineapple, drained
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) diced ham
- Olive oil, margarine, or butter to coat pan.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on one side of a bread slice. Top with half the cheese, pineapple, and ham and place another bread slice on top.
- Lightly coat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil, margarine, or butter and warm over medium heat. Add the sandwich and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown, flipping once.
- Transfer to a plate and make the second sandwich with the remaining ingredients.
- Slice each sandwich into four “fingers” and serve with the remaining pizza sauce on the side for dipping.