Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken
6 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 pieces of Udis Gluten Free Bread
2 C. Parm Cheese
2 C. Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/4 C. Fresh Chopped Parsley
1 Tsp. Paprika
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Pepper
2 TBS. Garlic Powder
2 TBS of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Rinse and dry your chicken breasts.
2. Take your 6 pieces of Udi's Gluten Free bread and run them through the food processor until they are the texture of bread crumbs. Put the crumbs on a cookie sheet and bake in a 325 degree oven for 5 min.
3. Cool the bread crumbs. Once cooled, place them in a baking dish and add the parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, Parmesan cheese and mix well with a fork.
4. In another dish (I recommend an 8×8 glass dishes for dipping) put your gluten free all purpose flour and add the paprika to it.
5. Beat the 6 eggs in a separate bowl/dish.
6. Dip each chicken breast in the GF flour, then dip in the egg wash, and finally dip in the Udi's Gluten Free bread crumb mixture.
7. Place the breaded chicken in a 9×13 glass baking pan that you have greased with 2 TBS of olive oil.
8. Bake at 350 degress for 40 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes.
I serve it with a side salad and spaghetti squash. This recipe is similar to the old fashioned “fried chicken” I grew up with, but makes it a bit healthier and just as crunchy. Enjoy!