Granola-Crusted French Toast with Apple-Cinnamon Syrup
8 slices Udi’s Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread
3 c. Udi's Gluten Free Granola + reserve 1 cup for topping
2 c. Milk
5 tbsp Butter
2/3 c. Apple juice
1/3 c. Water
1/4 c. Grated apples
1.5 tsp. Cornstarch
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1.5 tbsp. Light brown sugar
1. Using a food processor, grind 3 cups of granola into fine crumbs; transfer to wide-mouth bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, combine eggs and milk.
3. Dip the bread in milk mixture and then transfer the bread to the granola crumbs and heavily coat.
4. Melt butter over medium heat and cook bread for about 6 minutes per slice.
1. In a saucepan combine juice, water, apples, & cornstarch.
2. Stir to dissolve cornstarch and then add cinnamon & brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over med-hi heat.
3. Serve French toast with apple-cinnamon sauce and the reserved granola sprinkled on top.