Judy's Easy Udi's Waffles
2 cups Berries – Blue Berries, Raspberries, Blackberries, and/or sliced Strawberries
2/3 cup milk
1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. sugar
8 Slices Udi’s Gluten Free Bread (White or Whole Grain Sandwich, or Cinnamon Raisin)
2 Cups Warm Maple Syrup
Powdered Sugar for dusting
1. Pre-heat waffle iron to medium high heat
2. Pre-heat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
3. Wash the berries, dry them with a paper towel, and slice the strawberries. Place the berries in a small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar together. Mix well.
5. Brush the waffle iron with a little vegetable oil, just so the grates are slightly coated. Wipe away any droplets of oil away with a paper towel.
6. Dip a slice of Udi’s Bread into the egg mixture, letting it rest in the egg mixture for 15-30 seconds so the egg mixture soaks in, then flip over to soak the other side.
7. Lift the slice of bread out, letting any excess egg mixture drip off for a few seconds.
8. Place the egg dipped slice(s) onto the Waffle Iron and close the lid, pressing the lid down slightly for a few seconds. You will see steam come out around the lid. As the waffle cooks, the steam will slowly stop.
9. Cook the waffle(s) for about 2 minutes, until golden brown. It is okay to open the lid during this time to check the color. If you want the waffle to be browner and crispier, cook 1-2 minutes more.
10. Remove the waffles and place them on an oven proof plate in a 275 degree oven.
12. Warm the syrup, pour it on the waffles, then top with berries and a light dusting of powdered sugar.
NOTE: Waffles can be frozen. Place the waffles on a wire rack to cool. After the waffles are cool, place them between pieces of waxed paper in a zip lock gallon size plastic freezer bag. To eat them, simply pop them in a toaster to warm and crisp up.