Udi’s Gluten Free Kale and Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 package Udi’s Gluten Free French Baguette
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ pound hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped frozen kale
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Slice loaves of bread in half lengthwise. Pull out insides of bread, hollowing loaf half. Repeat step with other piece.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and using wooden spoon, break into pieces, stirring constantly until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add kale, sauté for another 2 minutes until heated through.
- Place bread halves on rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes to toast bread. Sprinkle cheese on bread, top with sausage, onion and kale filling. Spread sauce over filling and top with cheese again; repeat steps with remaining half. Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with torn basil.