Lemon Muffin Apple Pie
6 medium sized apples (any type)
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs. cinnamon
1 tbs. sugar
1 cup gluten free flour mix
1 cup sugar
1 cup Earth Balance non-dairy spread , melted (or regular butter)
2 Udi’s Lemon Muffins, broken in small pieces
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a 9" pie plate, spray cooking spray all around in pan.
2. Peel, core, and thinly slice the 6 apples. Drizzle the 1 tbs. lemon juice over the apples, then spoon the 1 tbs. sugar and cinnamon over them.
3. In a separate bowl, hand mix the flour, sugar, egg and melted Earth Balance until well blended.
4. Fold in Lemon muffins. Pour over the apples in pie plate.
5. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out dry. Cool and serve plain or with vanilla ice-cream. If allergic, scoop a soy-based vanilla non-dairy dessert over the top. Enjoy!