Mini Apple Turnovers
- 3 large Udi’s Gluten Free Tortillas (Large Size)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Full Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Peel, core, and chop apples. Place apples, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and lemon juice into large pot. Heat on the stovetop over medium- high heat for 12-15 minutes until apples are soft and caramelized. Stir often so no apple pieces burn.
- While apples are cooking, use a cookie cutter to cut out 3” round circles from the Tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a greased cookie sheet, arrange half the Tortilla rounds so they are flat.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons of apple mixture over each Tortilla, leaving ¼ inch of tortilla edging.
- Brush egg yolks around the edging of each tortilla.
- Place the other half of the Tortillas on top of apple mixture and press edging together with a fork. If needed, brush additional egg yolk along the rim of tortillas.
- Mix together the whole egg and milk and brush the tops of each turnover with mixture. Immediately sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake turnovers for 10-12 minutes until tops of turnovers are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15-30 minutes. Serve plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and extra apples.