Mushroom Soup with Chicken and Stuffing
3 medium celery ribs with leaves, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tsp poultry / all-purpose seasoning
2 tsp basil
6 slices of Udi’s Gluten Free Bread, cut into small cubes
2 cups of chicken stock
5-6 tbsp margarine
2-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cans (10 3/4 oz/can) Cream of Mushroom Soup (make sure to get a gluten free version)
1. Melt margarine over medium-low heat in a medium sized skillet and add onion, celery, herbs and spices (to taste). Cook, stirring often until onions begin to brown (approximately 10 minutes).
2. Cut Udi’s bread into cubes and mix in a large bowl with parsley, basil and all-purpose seasoning.
3. Add chicken stock and butter-onion mixture to bread.
4. Mix thoroughly until bread is moist.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Place chicken into corners of shallow, glass dish.
2. Add Homemade stuffing to dish in empty space and middle of dish.
3. Pour Cream of Mushroom soup over chicken. (Add more another can of Mushroom Soup if chicken is not covered by completely)
4. Sprinkle paprika over soup and chicken
5. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.