Roasted Beet Dip (served with baked Udi’s pizza crust)
UDI’S RECIPE DEVELOPMENT-FLEISHMAN-HILLARD; Meghan Erwin
- 1½ pounds (about 6 medium) beets, washed and greens removed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mint leaves and shelled, chopped pistachios for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake until tender, about one hour. Cool to room temperature, peel and roughly chop.
- In bowl of food processor, combine beets, yogurt, cumin and salt, puree until smooth.
- Serve in small cups topped with sliced mint and pistachios and with small Udi’s pizza crust wedges.