Sausage Cassoulet With English Muffin Breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 Udi's Gluten Free English Muffins (toasted). You will need Extra, sliced, to serve with the dish.
- 2/3 cup chopped onion (shallot or red onion)
- 1 small yellow squash - sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or salted butter (divided)
- 12 oz gluten free chicken or pork sausage (pre cooked for quickest results)
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Salt/pepper to taste (at least 1/2 tsp each or more)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (2 large garlic cloves)
- Two 8oz stewed plum tomatoes (canned). Optional to keep juice.
- 1 large celery stalk (1/2 cup chopped)
- 2/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 20-25 oz (around 2.5 cups to 3 cups) canned Cannellini white beans, drained. See notes for best brand.
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup steamed greens (kale, swiss chard, or spinach work)
- optional parmesan to top (1/2 cup)
- Fresh Parsley to garnish.
- optional hard boiled or friend eggs to top each serving (optional)