Sautéed Broccoli with Toasted Bread Crumbs
Recipe provided by Laurel Herman, author of My Inner Kitchen.
- 1 large head of organic broccoli, cut into even sized pieces
- 4-5 T of olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic smashed (I smash my garlic with a bit of sea salt to bring out the oils in the garlic)
- Juice of ½ organic lemon
- Dash of Celtic, or pink sea salt
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup of toasted gluten free breadcrumbs. (I put four or five slices of Udi's bread into an oven at about 350 degrees until toasty. Allow to cool, harden, then process into bread crumbs).
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 T olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp Frontier Veggie pepper(can be found in most health food stores)
Note: The topping can be made ahead, and even doubled. It's SO good you will want more!
- To Make the bread crumb topping, place olive oil in a small pan with the remaining ingredients, until toasty. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, add 4-5 Tbls of olive oil. Add in the broccoli, garlic, and salt and saute for a minute or two. To get a nice green color, add the water and cover until just fork tender.
- Drain any remaining water, and immediately squeeze the lemon on top, then add the toasted breadcrumbs.
- Enjoy! It's Pure Heaven!